TED演讲:来自阿拉伯女商人的成功经验(6)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲商业篇
英语课
One thing to know about the Middle East 关于中东需要知道的一件事,
is that nearly every family has access to affordable 1 domestic 2 help. 就是几乎每个家庭都能找到可负担费用的家务代理。
The challenge therefore becomes how to recruit 3 effectively. 难题因此变成如何有效地召募(家务代理人)。
Just like I would in my business life, 就如同在我的商业生活中,
I have based the selection 4 of who would support me with my children while I'm at work on a strong referral. 我很大程度上根据谁能在我工作时够帮助我打理孩子来挑选。
Cristina had worked for four years with my sister Cristina曾与我姐姐一同工作4年,
and the quality of her work was well-established. 而她工作的质量是受到公认的。
She is now an integral 5 member of our family, 她现在是我们家庭中不可或缺的一员,
having been with us since Alia was six months old. 从Alia六个月大的时候就跟我们在一块了。
She makes sure that the house is running smoothly 6 while I'm at work, 她确保当我在工作时我们家庭运作顺畅,
and I make sure to empower her in the most optimal 7 conditions for her and my children, 而我保障她对她和我的孩子来说在最佳的状况下。
just like I would my best talent at work. 就像我用最好的天赋在工作一样
This lesson applies whatever your childcare situation, 这个经验很通用,无论你的小孩的照护状况事怎样的,
whether an au pair, nursery, part-time nanny that you share with someone else. 也不管是年轻女性的换工互惠生,托儿所,你与某些人共享的临时保母。
Choose very carefully, and empower. 请特别小心地选择,然后赋予他们自主权。
If you look at my calendar, 如果你检阅我的行事历,
you will see every working day one and a half hours from 7pm to 8:30pm UAE time blocked and called "family time." 你会看到每个工作日,从晚上7点到8点30的一个半小时的阿拉伯联合酋长国时间被占据了而且称作“家庭时间”。
This is sacred time. 这是个神圣的时刻。
I have done this ever since Alia was a baby. 我从Alia还是婴儿的时候就这么做了。
I do everything in my power to protect this time 我竭尽所能地去保留这段时间,
so that I can be home by then to spend quality time with my children, 所以我可以在这个时间前回到家与我的孩子们共度宝贵时光,
asking them about their day, checking up on homework, 问问他们的日常,检查他们的作业,
reading them a bedtime story and giving them lots of kisses and cuddles. 给他们读睡前故事,然后给他们许多的吻和拥抱。
If I'm traveling, in whatever the time zone, 如果我正在旅行,无论在哪个时区,
I use Skype to connect with my children even if I am miles away. 我用Skype与孩子们联系,即使我在数里之外。
adj.支付得起的,不太昂贵的
- The rent for the four-roomed house is affordable.四居室房屋的房租付得起。
- There are few affordable apartments in big cities.在大城市中没有几所公寓是便宜的。
adj.家里的,国内的,本国的;n.家仆,佣人
- This is domestic news.这是国内新闻。
- She does the domestic affairs every day.她每天都忙家务。
n.招聘,新兵,新成员;v.恢复,补充,招募
- The country's first act would be to recruit for the navy.国家的第一个行动是为海军征募新兵。
- This is a nationwide campaign to recruit women into trade unions.这是一次吸收妇女参加工会的全国性运动。
n.选择,挑选,精选品,可选择的东西
- We left the selection of the team to the captain.我们把挑选队员的工作交给了队长。
- The shop has a fine selection of cheeses.那家商店有各种精美乳酪可供选购。
adj.必不可少的,构成整体所必需的
- She is our best player,who is integral to our team.她是我们最好的球员,我们队离不开她。
- That's an integral part of the country.那是构成国家所必需的一部分。
adv.平滑地,顺利地,流利地,流畅地
- The workmen are very cooperative,so the work goes on smoothly.工人们十分合作,所以工作进展顺利。
- Just change one or two words and the sentence will read smoothly.这句话只要动一两个字就顺了。
标签:
TED演讲