TED演讲:区块链对货币和商业的影响(10)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲商业篇
英语课
Number four: the most powerful asset of the digital age is data. 第四点:数字时代最强大的资产就是数据。
And data is really a new asset class, maybe bigger than previous asset classes, 数据是一种新的资产种类,也许比以前的资产种类更庞大,
like land under the agrarian 1 economy, or an industrial plant, or even money. 就像农业经济下的土地,或是工厂,甚至是金钱。
And all of you -- we -- create this data. 是我们所有人,创造了这些数据。
We create this asset, and we leave this trail of digital crumbs 2 behind us as we go throughout life. 我们创造了这种资产,在我们的数字生活中,留下了零碎的痕迹。
And these crumbs are collected into a mirror image of you, the virtual you. 这些痕迹汇聚成了你的镜像,一个虚拟的你。
And the virtual you may know more about you than you do, 虚拟的你也许比你还要了解你,
because you can't remember what you bought a year ago, 因为你并不一定记得一年前买了什么,
or said a year ago, or your exact location a year ago. 或是说了什么,或者你一年前的准确位置。
And the virtual you is not owned by you -- that's the big problem. 而虚拟的你并不属于你,那可是个大问题。
So today, there are companies working to create an identity in a black box, the virtual you owned by you. 所以现在有许多公司正致力于开发一个黑盒中的身份系统,属于你自己的虚拟的你。
And this black box moves around with you as you travel throughout the world, and it's very, very stingy. 这个黑盒会随着你移动,前往世界的每一个角落。它对你的隐私守口如瓶。
It only gives away the shred 3 of information that's required to do something. 它只会根据需要透露一丁点的信息。
A lot of transactions, the seller doesn't even need to know who you are. 有许多的交易,卖家甚至不需要知道你是谁。
They just need to know that they got paid. 他们只要知道能拿到钱。
And then this avatar is sweeping 4 up all of this data and enabling you to monetize it. 于是这化身清除了所有数据使你能够进行货币化。
And this is a wonderful thing, because it can also help us protect our privacy, 这可真棒,因为它也能保护我们的隐私,
and privacy is the foundation of a free society. 而隐私是自由社会的基础。
Let's get this asset that we create back under our control, 让我们重新夺回我们创造的这一资产的控制权。
where we can own our own identity and manage it responsibly. 我们拥有我们自己的身份并且进行负责的管理。
adj.土地的,农村的,农业的
- People are leaving an agrarian way of life to go to the city.人们正在放弃农业生活方式而转向城市。
- This was a feature of agrarian development in Britain.这是大不列颠土地所有制发展的一个特征。
v.撕成碎片,变成碎片;n.碎布条,细片,些少
- There is not a shred of truth in what he says.他说的全是骗人的鬼话。
- The food processor can shred all kinds of vegetables.这架食品加工机可将各种蔬菜切丝切条。
标签:
TED演讲