时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲娱乐篇


英语课

 And then by moving through the water it's able to take that control.  通过在水中的运动,它能够控制自如。


Now, look at that; look, it's she just blew me away.  现在,看,看—她刚刚把我刮走了。
She just rolled right away from underneath 1.  她刚刚从下面翻了个跟斗,
Really that's the only real dive I've ever made in this machine.  这是我在这台机器里唯一一次真正的下潜。
It took 10 years to build.  它花了10年时间建成。
But this lady here taught me, hah, taught me so much.  但这位女士教了我,教了我太多东西。
We just learned 2 so much in three hours in the water there.  我们在水里才三个小时就学到了这么多。
I just had to go and build another machine.  我需要再去建造一架机器。
But look here. Instead of blowing tanks and coming up slowly without thinking about it, 但看这里,没有液体舱,不用考虑上升有多么缓慢。
it's a little bit of back pressure,and that sub just comes straight back up out of the water.  背部有些许压力,潜水器直接可以往后退来到水面。
This is an internal 3 Sony camera. Thank you, Sony.  这是一个内置的索尼摄像机。感谢索尼。
I don't really look that ugly,but the camera is so close that it's just distorted 4.  我并没有里面看起来那么丑,但摄像机太近了,有点变形。
Now, there she goes, right overhead 5.  看,她就在那,在头顶上。
This is a wide-angle camera.  这是个广角摄像机。
She's just a few inches off the top of my head.  她就在我头上几英寸的地方。
Aah, ha, oh, he just crossed over the top of my head about, oh, I don't know, just so close. 啊哈,噢,他刚刚从我的头上掠过,噢,我不知道,太近了。
I come back up, not for air.  我往上开了一点,不是为了补充空气。
"This is an incredible 6 encounter 7 with a manta. I'm speechless.  这次零距离接触鲾鲼真是令人难以置信。我激动得不知怎么说了。
We've been just feet apart. I'm going back down now. 我们的距离就1英尺。我现在要再下去。
Okay, can we cut that? Lights back up please.  好的,可以停了吗?请打开灯。
Trying to fly and keep up with that animal it wasn't the lack of maneuverability that we had.  想要飞行并跟上那只动物并不容易,并非我们缺少机动性,
It was the fact she was going so slow.  而是她实在游得太慢了。
I actually designed that to move faster through the water because I thought that was the thing that we needed to do: to move fast and get range.  实际上我的设计就是要在水中更快地活动,因为我的想法就是我们需要飞得快,飞得远。
But after that encounter I really did want to go back with that animal and dance.  但那次遭遇之后,我真想再回去跟她一起舞蹈,
She wanted to dance.  她想要跳舞。
And so what we needed to do was increase the wing area so that we just had more grip 8, develop higher forces. 我们要做的就是增加翅膀的面积这样才能更好地控制,动力更强。
So the sub that was outside last year-this is the one.  去年这架潜水器就制造出来了,就是这个。

adj.在...下面,在...底下;adv.在下面
  • Working underneath the car is always a messy job.在汽车底下工作是件脏活。
  • She wore a coat with a dress underneath.她穿着一件大衣,里面套着一条连衣裙。
adj.有学问的,博学的;learn的过去式和过去分词
  • He went into a rage when he learned about it.他听到这事后勃然大怒。
  • In this little village,he passed for a learned man.在这个小村子里,他被视为有学问的人。
adj.内的,内部的;国内的,内政的
  • He is talking to Tom on the internal telephone.他正在内线电话上与汤姆交谈。
  • We do not intend to be drawn into the internal strife.我们不想卷入内乱之中。
adj.被歪曲的
  • Her distorted face was ablaze with rage. 在狂怒之下,她那张扭曲的脸涨得通红。
  • His face was distorted by rage. 他因发怒而脸色大变。
adj.在头顶上的,悬空的;n.间接开支
  • A number of birds are circling overhead.很多鸟在头顶上空盘旋。
  • Many stars overhead are invisible to the naked eye.天上的许多星星是肉眼看不到的。
adj.难以置信的,不可信的,极好的,大量的
  • Some planets run at incredible speed.某些星球以难以置信的速度运行着。
  • Her answer showed the most incredible stupidity.她的回答显示出不可思议的愚蠢。
v.遇到,偶然碰到;遭遇;n.遭遇;意外的相见
  • It was a bloody encounter between the two armies. 这是那两军之间的一次激烈的遭遇战。
  • A fortunate encounter brought the two friends together after a long separation.两位老朋友长期分离这次才有幸相遇。
v.握紧,紧握;吸引;引起;n.紧握,控制
  • He keeps a firm grip on his children.他对孩子们管得很严。
  • The brake doesn't grip properly.煞车不灵。
标签: TED演讲