TED演讲 :飞向海洋(5)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲娱乐篇
英语课
You see the larger wing area here. 你们可以看到这儿有面积更大的翅膀。
Also, clearly, it was such a powerful thing,we wanted to try and bring other people but we couldn't figure out how to do it. 而且,这还是件很有影响力的事情,我们希望能带动其他人一起参与进来。
So we opened the world's first flight school. 所以我们开设了世界上第一家飞行学校。
The rational for the world's first flight school goes something like: when the coastguards come up to me and say 这世界上第一家飞行学校的合理性搞成这个样子:当海岸警卫队找到我,跟我谈话,
they used to leave us alone when we were diving these goofy little spherical 1 things, 在我们过去用这些愚蠢的圆形玩意潜水的时候,他们对我们不闻不问。
but when we started flying around 但当我们开始在在水下驾驶喷气式飞行器
in underwater jet fighters they got a little nervous they would come up and say,Do you have a license 2 for that? 飞行的时候他们倒有点紧张了。他们会冒出来说,你有许可证吗?
And then I'd put my sunglasses on, the beard that would all sprout 3 out, and I would say,I don't need no stinking 4 license. 听了这话,我把太阳镜拿下来,我会说我不需要什么狗屁许可证。
I write these stinking license, which I do. 我写了这些讨厌的许可证,真的写了。
So Bob Gelfond's around here but somebody in the audience here has license number 20. 所以Bob Gelfons在这儿呢,但听众中有些人拥有20号许可证。
They're one of the first subsea aviators 5. 他们是第一批的海底飞行员。
So we've run two flight schools. 我们举办了两期飞行学校。
Where the hell that goes, I don't know, but it's a lot of fun. 这事今后怎么发展我不知道,但确实充满乐趣。
What comes next in 30 seconds? I can't tell you. 接下来30秒有什么?我不能告诉你们。
But the patent for underwater flight Karen and I, we were looking at it,some business partners wanted us to patent it we weren't sure about that. 但说到水下飞行的专利,凯伦和我正看看这事儿的发展,有些商业伙伴希望我们申请专利。我们不确定。
We've decided 6 we're just going to let that go. 我们已经决定不去管它。
It just seems wrong to try and patent the freedom for underwater flight. 申请专利对水下飞行的自由而言,似乎不是一件正确的事情。
So anybody who wants to copy us and come and join us, go for it. 因此无论谁想仿效我们,尽管行动,并加入我们,去吧。
The other thing is that we've got much lower costs. 另一件事情是,我们的成本已经降低很多。
We developed some other technology called spider optics, and Craig Ventner asked me to make an announcement here this morning: 我们发展了其他一些,称为蜘蛛光学的技术,克雷格文特也要我今天早上在这里做一个声明。
we're going to be building a beautiful, little,small version of this unmanned, super deep for his boat to go and get back some deep sea DNA 7 stuff. 我们将建造一个漂亮的,小型的,这种潜水器,无人驾驶,能潜得超级深,为他的考察船采集深海的DNA样品。
Thank you. 谢谢。
adj.球形的;球面的
- The Earth is a nearly spherical planet.地球是一个近似球体的行星。
- Many engineers shy away from spherical projection methods.许多工程师对球面投影法有畏难情绪。
n.执照,许可证,特许;v.许可,特许
- The foreign guest has a license on the person.这个外国客人随身携带执照。
- The driver was arrested for having false license plates on his car.司机由于使用假车牌而被捕。
n.芽,萌芽;vt.使发芽,摘去芽;vi.长芽,抽条
- When do deer first sprout horns?鹿在多大的时候开始长出角?
- It takes about a week for the seeds to sprout.这些种子大约要一周后才会发芽。
adj.臭的,烂醉的,讨厌的v.散发出恶臭( stink的现在分词 );发臭味;名声臭;糟透
- I was pushed into a filthy, stinking room. 我被推进一间又脏又臭的屋子里。
- Those lousy, stinking ships. It was them that destroyed us. 是的!就是那些该死的蠢猪似的臭飞船!是它们毁了我们。 来自英汉非文学 - 科幻
飞机驾驶员,飞行员( aviator的名词复数 )
- Analysis on Sickness Status of 1149 Aviators during Recuperation. 飞行员1149例疗养期间患病情况分析。
- In America the whole scale is too big, except for aviators. 在美国整个景象的比例都太大了,不过对飞行员来说是个例外。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
标签:
TED演讲