生活英语听力文章 第61期:通过保密建立信任(2)
时间:2019-01-18 作者:英语课 分类:生活英语听力文章
英语课
Are you someone who can be trusted with private and confidential 1 information? 你是那种在隐私和保密方面可以被信任的人吗?
To gauge 2 your trustworthiness in this area, ask yourself how likely you would be to share any of the following: 为了判断在这个方面你是否值得信任,问问自己你将会怎样分享一下的事情?
1. You are on a business trip and having some drinks after hours. 1.你有一个商业旅行,现在正在喝酒。
A colleague overindulges and ends up passing out in the lobby after a series of pretty funny antics. Do you share this story back at the office? 一位同事过分沉溺其中最后在做了一系列滑稽事情后昏迷在大堂。事后你会在办公室分享这件事吗?
2. A partner decides to go his own way and leaves you hanging. 2.你的一个同伴要先走把你留下。
You’ve been through a lot together and have plenty of information that could negatively influence his reputation. Do you leak this information? 你周围都是人并有很多影响你同伴声誉的信息。你会泄漏这些信息吗?
3. You and your spouse 3 had a real blowout. Do you vent 4 to your friends? 3.你和你爱人有一次大吵,你会找朋友发泄吗?
These situations are examples of implied confidentiality 5. 这些情景都是含蓄的要保密的例子。
In each case, no one is explicitly 6 asked not to say anything, but clearly the right thing to do is to keep these things in confidence. 每一种情形下都没有明确的被告诉不能说,很明显正确的做法就是保密。
There’s quite a bit at stake for the person at the center of each situation. Careers, reputations, and relationships could be irreparably damaged. 对于卷入所有情景中的人就有危险了。事业、声誉以及人际关系都会不可弥补的被破坏。
Here are a few tips when it comes to keeping confidences: 说到保密这里有些小绝招
Never share information that you have been asked to keep confidential. 从不要分享已经告诉你要保密的信息。
Use your judgment 7 when it comes to matters of implied confidentiality. 自己去判断那些含蓄的保密的事情。
Keep things confidential that were intended to be confidential even if a relationship breaks down. 即使关系破裂也要保守那些打算保密的事情。
Do not vent your private marital 8 or relationship issues with your friends. This will cause them to view your spouse or significant other differently, probably negatively. 不要向朋友发泄你的婚姻或者友情方面的问题,这会导致他们不一样的,消极的看待你的爱人和其他重要的人。
When someone says, “I was asked to keep this in confidence, but I can share it with you,” let them know that you’d rather not be involved. 当有人对你说“我说了要保密,当我要和你分享”的时候,让他们知道你不想卷入其中。
The next time you consider sharing information, be sure to ask yourself if there is a chance that the person who shared the information with you would like it kept confidential. 当下一次你想分享信息时,问问自己你即将要分享信息的那个人保守秘密的可能性。
If that is the case, don’t share it. 如果那是一个问题就不要分享了。
As in most matters, there are exceptions to keeping confidences, such as when someone’s health or well-being 9 is at risk. 大多数情况下,保密也会有一些例外的,比如当人的健康危在旦夕时。
Don’t take the oath of secrecy 10 so far that you let someone continue to endanger themselves or someone else. 不要对秘密发誓而致你让其他人继续伤害自己或别人。
Are you willing to make a commitment to never share anything that should be kept confidential? 你愿意承诺从不分享要保密的事情吗?
It’s not an easy commitment, but remember that your decision to share or not to share will affect how others view you. 这不是个容易的承诺,但请记着你决定分享或不分享将会影响其他人对你的看法。
When you keep things confidential that should be confidential, you will gain the reputation as a person who can be trusted, and you will grow strong in character and value. 当你对应该保密的事情保密时,你会获得可以被信任的名声,同样在个性和价值方面也会变的更强大。
adj.秘(机)密的,表示信任的,担任机密工作的
- He refused to allow his secretary to handle confidential letters.他不让秘书处理机密文件。
- We have a confidential exchange of views.我们推心置腹地交换意见。
v.精确计量;估计;n.标准度量;计量器
- Can you gauge what her reaction is likely to be?你能揣测她的反应可能是什么吗?
- It's difficult to gauge one's character.要判断一个人的品格是很困难的。
n.配偶(指夫或妻)
- Her spouse will come to see her on Sunday.她的丈夫星期天要来看她。
- What is the best way to keep your spouse happy in the marriage?在婚姻中保持配偶幸福的最好方法是什么?
n.通风口,排放口;开衩;vt.表达,发泄
- He gave vent to his anger by swearing loudly.他高声咒骂以发泄他的愤怒。
- When the vent became plugged,the engine would stop.当通风口被堵塞时,发动机就会停转。
n.秘而不宣,保密
- They signed a confidentiality agreement. 他们签署了一份保守机密的协议。
- Cryptography is the foundation of supporting authentication, integrality and confidentiality. 而密码学是支持认证、完整性和机密性机制的基础。
ad.明确地,显然地
- The plan does not explicitly endorse the private ownership of land. 该计划没有明确地支持土地私有制。
- SARA amended section 113 to provide explicitly for a right to contribution. 《最高基金修正与再授权法案》修正了第123条,清楚地规定了分配权。 来自英汉非文学 - 环境法 - 环境法
n.审判;判断力,识别力,看法,意见
- The chairman flatters himself on his judgment of people.主席自认为他审视人比别人高明。
- He's a man of excellent judgment.他眼力过人。
adj.婚姻的,夫妻的
- Her son had no marital problems.她的儿子没有婚姻问题。
- I regret getting involved with my daughter's marital problems;all its done is to bring trouble about my ears.我后悔干涉我女儿的婚姻问题, 现在我所做的一切将给我带来无穷的烦恼。
n.安康,安乐,幸福
- He always has the well-being of the masses at heart.他总是把群众的疾苦挂在心上。
- My concern for their well-being was misunderstood as interference.我关心他们的幸福,却被误解为多管闲事。
标签:
生活英语