TED演讲:为什么健康的生活方式几乎把我害死(3)
时间:2019-01-17 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
I also tried to be the safest person I could be, because that's a part of health. 我还尽我所能做个最安全的人,因为这也是健康的一部分。
I was inspired by the Danish Safety Council. 我受到丹麦安全委员会的启发。
They started a public campaign that says, "A walking helmet is a good helmet." 他们发起一个公益活动,口号是:“步行专用头盔是个好头盔”。
So they believe you should not just wear helmets for biking, but also for walking around. 他们认为不仅仅要在骑单车的时候戴头盔,走路的时候同样需要。
And you can see there they're shopping with their helmets. 如你所见,他们连购物都带着头盔。
Well yeah, I tried that. Now it's a little extreme, I admit. 恩,我也尝试了,我承认这看来有些极端。
But if you think about this, this is actually -- the "Freakonomics" authors wrote about this 但是如果你想一下,这实际上是因为--《魔鬼经济学》的作者写到过--
that more people die on a per mile basis from drunk walking than from drunk driving. 以一英里为基准,死于酒后步行的人多过死于酒后驾驶的人。
So something to think about tonight if you've had a couple. 如果你已经结婚了,你应该思考一下这个问题。
So I finished, and it was a success in a sense. All of the markers went in the right direction. 所以我完成了这些事情,某种程度上说是成功的。所有的指标都变得正常了。
My cholesterol 1 went down, I lost weight, my wife stopped telling me that I looked pregnant. 我的胆固醇下降了,体重减轻了,我妻子也不说我看上去像个孕妇了。
So that was nice. And it was successful overall. 这非常棒。总的来说是成功的。
But I also learned that I was too healthy, and that was unhealthy. 但是我同样意识到,我过于健康了,这本身也是不健康的。
I was so focused on doing all these things that I was neglecting my friends and family. 我过度专注于做那些事情,却忽视了我的朋友和家庭。
And as Dan Buettner can tell you, having a strong social network is so crucial to our health. 就像丹·布特纳告诉大家的那样,拥有一个广泛的社交网对我们的健康至关重要。
n.(U)胆固醇
- There is cholesterol in the cell of body.人体细胞里有胆固醇。
- They are determining the serum-protein and cholesterol levels.他们正在测定血清蛋白和胆固醇的浓度。
标签:
TED演讲