不同场景的“让步”
英语课
1. You say 15 pounds and I say 25 pounds, so let's split the difference and call it 20
pounds。
你出15英镑而我要25英镑,这样吧, 我们各让一点,20英镑成交。
2. He forced his opponent to back down。
他迫使对手让步。
3. I am prepared to make certain concessions 1 on this issue。
我准备在这个问题上做某些让步。
4. How about meeting each other halfway 2?
我们双方都各让一步,怎么样?
5. He refused to give way and admit he was wrong。
他拒不让步,不肯认错。
6. No matter how they slander 3 us, we will never give in。
不管他们怎样诽谤我们,我们决不让步。
7. We will yield nothing to unreasonable 4 demands。
对于不合理的要求,我们决不让步。
n.(尤指由政府或雇主给予的)特许权( concession的名词复数 );承认;减价;(在某地的)特许经营权
- The firm will be forced to make concessions if it wants to avoid a strike. 要想避免罢工,公司将不得不作出一些让步。
- The concessions did little to placate the students. 让步根本未能平息学生的愤怒。
adj.中途的,不彻底的,部分的;adv.半路地,在中途,在半途
- We had got only halfway when it began to get dark.走到半路,天就黑了。
- In study the worst danger is give up halfway.在学习上,最忌讳的是有始无终。
n./v.诽谤,污蔑
- The article is a slander on ordinary working people.那篇文章是对普通劳动大众的诋毁。
- He threatened to go public with the slander.他威胁要把丑闻宣扬出去。
adj.不讲道理的,不合情理的,过度的
- I know that they made the most unreasonable demands on you.我知道他们对你提出了最不合理的要求。
- They spend an unreasonable amount of money on clothes.他们花在衣服上的钱太多了。
标签:
场景口语