务礼节美语第92期:和同事应对特殊场合
时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:商务礼节美语
Handle Special Occasions 1 with Co-Workers
和同事应对特殊场合
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他在休息室里遇到了美国同事Amy。
(Office ambience)
CH: Hi Amy, how are you?
A: I'm fine, thank you. And you?
CH: 还好。
A: So why the puzzled 2 look on your face?
C: 今天早上接到我的同事Sue 3的电子邮件,说想给另外一个同事Lyn开40岁的birthday party,生日派对。
A: Oh, how nice. What are the details of the party?
C: Sue要组织大家星期五在楼下的意大利餐馆吃饭,而且还得带个礼物去。
A: How do you feel about that?
C: 我觉得有点尴尬。我跟Lyn并不熟,不知道该给她买点什么,另外我也不知道花多少钱合适。
A: I agree that these occasions can be uncomfortable, especially when you don't know the person well or you are asked to buy a gift.
C: 那我是不是应该给Sue发个email回绝算了呢?
A: This is not the time to send an e-mail. Your words might be misunderstood. You need to discuss this and e-mail does not lend itself to discussion 4.
C: 要不我就说星期五已经安排了其他事儿?
A: That's not a good idea, especially if everyone else in your department is participating. Talk to Sue.
C: 那好吧。
第二天,陈豪在办公室走廊上遇到了Amy.
A: Hi, Chen Hao. How did it go? Did you talk to Sue?
C: 我昨天下午去找Sue,跟她说了我的顾虑。
A: I'm curious to know what happened.
C: 谈得还不错。她说另外还有几个人找过她,提出了各种问题。
A: Like what?
C: 有的人说跟Lyn不熟, 买礼物好像不太合适。但是大家并不介意凑份子,一起给Lyn买个像样的礼物。
A: Sometimes with these events, people aren't sure how much to spend, like you, and they don't want to come off looking stingy or cheap. Occasionally 5 someone just doesn't have any extra money to spend on an unanticipated expense.
C: 其实我手头也有点紧。
A: So did you work things out?
C: Sue决定大家一起凑钱给Lyn买礼物,每人只要交几块钱就行了。她还说,如果有人不愿意,也没有关系。
A: That sounds like you all came up with the perfect solution. It is always nice to recognize special occasions in the office, like birthdays, weddings and the arrival 6 of babies.
C: 不过我觉得,办公室里遇到这种事情,应该有一个大家都觉得合适的做法。
A: I agree. These occasions are opportunities to build relationships with our co-workers, get to know each other outside the office and have some fun together. B if everyone is not in agreement, you'll create ill will instead of good will.
- The prosecution stated that intercourse had occurred on several occasions. 控诉方称发生过数次性交。
- He has been late on numerous occasions. 他已经迟到过无数次了。
- The student was puzzled about what to do next.这个学生对下一步做什么伤透了脑筋。
- I was somewhat puzzled at his unwillingness to help.他不愿意帮忙让我有点困惑。
- If you don't pay me the money,I'll sue you.如果你不付给我钱,我就告你。
- The war criminals sue for peace.战犯求和。
- It is certain he will come to the discussion.他肯定会来参加讨论。
- After months of discussion,a peace agreement is gradually taking shape.经过几个月的商讨,和平协议渐渐有了眉目。
- He went on talking,occasionally wiping at his face with a towel.他继续说着,偶尔用毛巾擦一下脸。
- I like playing football best,but occasionally I play table tennis,too.我最喜欢踢足球,偶尔也打打乒乓球。