商务礼节美语第101期:开始新工作
时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:商务礼节美语
Starting a New Job
开始新工作
陈豪在北京的ABC美国公司工作,他兴冲冲地打电话给美国同事Amy。
(Office ambience)
A: Good Afternoon, this is Amy.
C: 你好,Amy, 我是陈豪,你现在有几分钟的时间吗?
A: Yes. I was just about to start a new project, but it can wait.
C: 我有好消息告诉你。
A: What is it?
C: 我升职了,要到销售部去。
A: Oh, That's wonderful. Tell me about it.
C: 我的上司觉得我到公司以来,社交能力大有长进,所以决定把我调到销售部去。
A: How do you feel about that?
C: 当然高兴了,不过也有点紧张。
A: I agree that it is always a bit scary 1 when you start a totally new job, working with people and processes that you don't know.
C: Amy, 我想一上来就让他们对我刮目相看,你能不能告诉我,应该怎么做啊?
A: First of all, I would be careful about how I'd impress them.
C: 你这话是什么意思啊?我得让他们看看,我非常了解销售部的作业流程。这样他们才会觉得我是合适的人选。
A: My advice to you is to go slowly at first. Understand that there may be people in that department who think they should have gotten the job instead of you.
C: 对呀,那我怎么做才既能让别人觉得我确实很有能力,又不得罪人呢?
A: Ask intelligent questions about projects and processes. Let your co-workers share their knowledge and experience with you.
C: 可如果我问一大堆问题,别人会不会觉得我不胜任呢?
A: Not at all. Listening to other people is the best way to learn what you don't know and how to do your job well. The other benefit 2 is that you will get to know your colleagues 3.
C: 好了,我不能再耽误你时间了,过几天有问题我再来向你咨询。
A: That sounds good.
两天后,陈豪Amy一起吃午饭。
A: How do you like your new job?
C: 挺好的,我适应得很快。同事们也都很帮忙。
A: I'm glad to hear that you are getting off to such a good start.
C: 但是也有一、两个人,让我觉得有些不自在。
A: What's going on with them?
C: 他们好像是故意的,没完没了地给我讲办公室的各种小道消息。我真不知道拿他们怎么办好。
A: The best way to deal with those people is to tell them that you feel you need to spend your time learning 4 your job.
C: 如果他们不听劝告呢?
A: As we Americans say, "Let it go in one ear and out the other."
C: 好主意!我们中国人也说一个耳朵进,一个耳朵出。
- What animal do you think is the most scary?你认为什么动物最可怕?
- Are you afraid of scary movies?你害怕恐怖电影吗?
- The money is to be used for the benefit of the poor.这笔钱用来为穷人谋福利。
- He thought he would benefit from going to school.他认为上学对他有好处。
- He wanted to confer with his colleagues before reaching a decision. 他想与他的同事先商议一下再作出决定。
- She is held in high esteem by her colleagues. 她深受同事的敬重。