实战口语情景对话 第33期:自驾游 Road Trip
时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Todd: Tim, you want to talk about road trips! 蒂姆,你能谈谈自驾游吗?
Tim: Yeah, I wanna talk about road trips. Ah, me and my friends, when we were in high school we took a lot of road trips to lots of different places. 好的,我想谈谈自驾游。我和我的朋友在高中的时候自驾游去了很多地方。
Todd: OK. 好的。
Tim: We would go down to California 1, ah, sometimes Mexico 2. One time when I was living in Wyoming, in one weekend we drove 3 from Wyoming, through Colorado, New Mexico, and Mexico and back in the same weekend. 我们去过加利福尼亚州,有时会去墨西哥。在我还住在怀俄明州的时候,有一次我们在一个周末内开车从怀俄明州,穿过科罗拉多州,新墨西哥州,墨西哥再回到怀俄明州。
Todd: Wow! Well, actually for people who are not familiar 4 with the United 5 States how far is that? 哇!有些人可能并不了解美国,这条路有多远?
Tim: It's a long way. I don't know. It took, I don't know, it took probably about 15 hours one way. 这是一条很长的旅程。我不知道,大概单程花了15个小时。
Todd: Wow! 哇!
Tim: So, thirty hours all together. But it was fun. We drove down to Mexico, had a good night a good meal, a little bit of drinks and drove back the next day. 总共30小时的车程。但很有趣。我们开车到墨西哥,吃了顿好的,喝了点儿酒,睡了个好觉,第二天又开回来了。
Todd: So you went to Tijuana? 你们去了提华纳(墨西哥西北部城市)?
Tim: No, we went to, ah, Ciudad Warez. 不,我们去的是Ciudad Warez。
Todd: OK. Nice. 好的,很棒。
Tim: That was really fun and a lot of other trips we took, ah, when I lived in Oregon, when we'd go down to California, and we'd surf. 那次真的很好玩,除此之外,我们的其他行程也很有趣,我住在俄勒冈州的时候,我们自驾游去了加利福尼亚州,而且冲了浪。
Todd: Oh, really! 哦,真的!
Tim: Yeah! 真的!
Todd: Oh, you're a surfer? 你会冲浪?
Tim: A little bit, a little bit of surfer. 一点点,我会一点冲浪。
Todd: OK, What, what kind of car do you drive? What do you use for this road trip? 好的,你开的什么车?你们自驾游开的是什么车?
Tim: Well, typical 6 American, uh a four-wheel drive vehicle 7, big vehicle...lots of gas but a lot of fun. 典型的美国货,四轮驱动汽车,大型车,耗油量大,但是很好的车。
Todd: Oh man, you're from Oregon, you're supposed to be a tree-hugger! 老兄,你来自俄勒冈州,你本应该是个环境保护主义者!
Tim: I know. I know. But there're good. One rule we had on our road trips was any, any lake or big body of water we had to stop and swim in. It was a good thing to do. 我知道。但那车真的很好。自驾游有一条规则就是,遇到湖泊或是积水很深的地方我们一定会停车,在水里游一会儿。这么做感觉很棒。
Todd: Well, you live in Japan now. Do you ever do road trips in Japan? 你现在生活在日本。你在日本自驾游过吗?
Tim: I took a road trip from Niigata up around Hokkaido and back, so it was a long road trip actually. 我曾驾车从新泻(日本本州岛中北岸港市)出发,到达北海道折返,那实际上也是一次长途自驾游。
Todd: OK. Wow! What's the difference between a road trip in Japan and a road trip in America? 好的。哇!在日本自驾游和在美国自驾游的区别是什么?
Tim: Well, a road trip in Japan..it's a little bit more dificult to get around, it's a little bit more expensive, ah, in America road triping is sort 8 of, something a lot of people do. 在日本自驾游行动有些不自如,我还需要更多的经验。在美国自驾游就很常见,因为很多人都这么做。
Todd: Yeah! 好的!
Tim: And in Japan, when we do that it is a little bit strange, a little bit different, not not very normal. 另外,在日本自驾游有一点奇怪,有一点不同,自驾游在日本还不是很常见。
Todd: Yeah, that's true. OK. Great, thanks a lot Tim. 是的,事实正是如此。好的,谢谢你蒂姆。
Tim: Alright. 好的。
n.加利福尼亚(美国)
- He was elected governor of the state of California.他当选为加州州长。
- We were driving on a California freeway.我们正沿着加利福尼亚的一条快车道驾车行驶。
vbl.驾驶,drive的过去式;n.畜群
- He drove at a speed of sixty miles per hour.他以每小时60英里的速度开车。
- They drove foreign goods out of the market.他们把外国货驱逐出市场。
adj.熟悉的,常见的,亲密的;n.熟友,常客
- I've only just come here.I'm still not familiar with the work.刚到这里,工作很生。
- The man seemed familiar,but I could not quite place him.这人很面熟,但是我记不清在哪儿见过他。
adj.和谐的;团结的;联合的,统一的
- The whole nation is closely united.全国人民紧密团结。
- The two men were united by community of interests.共同的利益使两个人结合在一起。
adj.典型的,象征的,有代表性的
- This is typical Chinese English.这是典型的中式英语。
- It is a typical Persian garden.这是个典型的波斯式花园。
n.车辆,交通工具,运载工具;媒介,表现手段
- Air is the vehicle of sound.空气是声音传播的媒介。
- The power plant burns used vehicle tyres as fuel.这家电厂用废弃轮胎作燃料。
标签:
口语