实战口语情景对话 第30期:潜水 Scuba Diving
时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Todd: Nicola, you were talking to us the other day that you went diving in Australia. 妮可拉,你要向我们讲讲前几天你在澳大利亚潜水的事儿?
Nicola: That's right I did. 是的,没错。
Todd: Wow, so what was it like? 哇,潜水怎么样?
Nicola: Well, actually it was quite scary 1 to be honest. When I first started I did an introductory course, which was just maybe like two days. And so they just sent you out with all of the equipment, put you in the sea, and guided you, but then when I did the real course we started in the swimming pool, which was fine and it was all great fun, although there were two men on my course who completely 2 freaked out and had to leave. 实际上,老实说很吓人。我第一次潜水前,先听了基础入门课程,大约只有两天的课程。然后他们就给了我很多器材,带我下海,有教练指导我,在我们在游泳池实际演练的时候,一切正常而且很有趣,但我的班上有两名男学员吓坏了,他们最后只得退出。
Todd: Oh! 哦!
Nicola: Yeah! so that was fine but then they took us out to sea which was a bit different. Yeah, because they made us set up our own equipment, I mean they still checked us and everything so we didn't die, but we had to put on our own equipment. We had a diving buddy 3 who I was with, and I was with my friend Graham, who I was traveling with anyway, and we went down into the sea. We went down maybe fifteen meters. And they always say like Don't Panic 4 just keep breathing normally 5 and everything. But I did kind of panic a bit. 是的!这些还好,但接下来教练带着我们下海就有些不同了。因为他们要求我们自己穿戴器材,他们仍然会检查我们的器材和其他所有事物,以确保我们不会死于非命,但我们需要自己穿戴调试器材,然后下海。我有一个潜水伙伴,我的朋友Graham,我当时正和他一起旅行,我们两个一起下海。我们下潜了15米。教练会说“不要害怕,保持正常呼吸”。但我还是有一点害怕。
Todd: Oh, no! 哦,不!
Nicola: So then I rose to the surface really quickly, which you know, you're not supposed to do in diving. So I went up really quickly. Luckily we weren't deep enough to do any damage but my diving buddy Graham was having a great time down there looking at shipwrecks 6 and didn't even notice that I was missing 7. 下海后我很快就浮上来了,这对于潜水来说不是个好现象。好在我很快又潜下去了。幸运的是我们潜得不深不会受伤,但我的潜水伙伴Graham潜下去探险沉船废墟,他甚至没发现我已经不见了。
Todd: What a terrible guy! 真是个差劲的伙伴!
Nicola: Yeah, I know. so, then... 是的,我知道,接下来……
Todd: Wow! Did they fail him? I hope he failed the course? 哇!教练给他挂科了吗?我认为他这门课不合格。
Nicola: No, he passed. He paid enough money. He passed. But it meant that I couldn't go diving for the rest of the day cause I had gone down quite deep, so that was a shame, but. 没有,他通过了。他交够了钱。他通过了。但这意味着我那天不能再下海潜水了,因为我已经潜得太深了,很遗憾。
Todd: That's terrible. But you didn't hurt yourself, you didn't come up to fast? 这太糟糕了。但你没有伤害到你自己,你没有很快就浮上来?
Nicola: No, I was fine in the end, but it was a shame because that was the end of my diving day. But we had a few more days to do it. 没有,我后来表现很好,但那是我当天最后一次下水了。好在我们还有几天时间可以下海潜水。
Todd: So now you are comfortable diving. You don't freak out anymore? 所以说,你现在能自如地潜水。你不再害怕了?
Nicola: I don't freak out anymore, but I couldn't go diving now on my own because it has been so long. Yeah! 我不再害怕了,但我现在不能自己潜水,因为已经时隔很久了。
a.引起惊慌的;害怕的
- What animal do you think is the most scary?你认为什么动物最可怕?
- Are you afraid of scary movies?你害怕恐怖电影吗?
adv.完全地,十分地,全然
- She never completely gave up hope.她从不完全放弃希望。
- I feel completely in the dark on this question.这件事使我感到茫然。
n.(美口)密友,伙伴
- Calm down,buddy.What's the trouble?压压气,老兄。有什么麻烦吗?
- Get out of my way,buddy!别挡道了,你这家伙!
n.恐慌,惊惶;adj.惊慌的,没有理由的,恐慌的;vt.使惊慌,使狂热;vi.惊慌
- There was a panic when the building caught fire.大楼起火时,人们一片惊慌。
- She suddenly got into a panic and stopped her car.她突然惊慌失措起来,于是停住了车。
adv.正常地,通常地
- I normally do all my shopping on Saturdays.我通常在星期六买东西。
- My pulse beats normally.我脉搏正常。
海难,船只失事( shipwreck的名词复数 ); 沉船
- Shipwrecks are apropos of nothing. 船只失事总是来得出人意料。
- There are many shipwrecks in these waters. 在这些海域多海难事件。
标签:
口语