实战口语情景对话 第20期:搭飞机回家
时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话
英语课
Todd: OK, Victor, tomorrow you're flying home. 维克多,明天你要搭飞机回家。
Victor: Yes, that's correct. 是的,没错。
Todd: OK. So, are you afraid of flying? 你害怕坐飞机吗?
Victor: No, flying's fine. 不,做飞机挺好。
Todd: Really. Back home, for your job, do you fly? 真的。回到家,你会因为工作而搭飞机吗?
Victor: No, I drive to work and to different assignments. 不,我工作需要开车去不同的地点。
Todd: OK, you never have to fly to go to conventions 1 or other cities or stuff 2 like that. 好的,你从来不用不用搭飞机去开会,或是出国?
Victor: Once or twice each year I do fly to go to conventions connected with my work. 每年一次或两次我会搭飞机出差开会。
Todd: OK. Um, tomorrow you have a really long flight. 好的,明天你要坐很长时间的飞机。
Victor: That's correct. 是的。
Todd: It's probably what about 15 hours 大约15小时。
Victor: From Narita to Washington DC is 12 hours in the air. 从成田机场坐飞机到华盛顿需要12小时。
Todd: So how do you pass the time on the plane? 那么你如何在飞机上打发时间呢?
Victor: On the plane I like to sleep as much as possible. 我喜欢在飞机上尽可能多地睡觉。
Todd: OK. Do you take medication or just have a beer or..? 好的。你靠吃药还是喝点儿酒来入睡?
Victor: No, no. I don't take any medication. I just, I tend to stay up late the day before so that I'm so tired I'll want to sleep on the plane. 不。我不吃药。我只是在搭飞机前一天睡得晚点,这样我在飞机上就会觉得很累很想睡觉。
Todd: Well, good strategy 3 and I hope you have a good flight. 哇,好策略,希望你明天旅途愉快。
(某一职业、政党等的人士召开的)大会( convention的名词复数 ); 协议; 习俗; (美国)全国代表大会
- They broke away from conventions. 他们打破了常规。
- They disregard social conventions without being conscious that they are doing anything extraordinary. 他们不顾社会习俗,并未意识到自己在做些与众不同的事。
n.原料,材料,东西;vt.填满;吃饱
- We could supply you with the stuff in the raw tomorrow.明天我们可以供应你原材料。
- He is not the stuff.他不是这个材料。
标签:
口语