时间:2019-01-15 作者:英语课 分类:实战口语情景对话


英语课

   Todd: So, what did you do today?


  托德:你今天做什么了?
  Ruth: Well, actually, I got up this morning quite early. I couldn't sleep so I was a little bit annoyed and then I went to church and I had some lunch and..
  鲁斯:实际上,我今天起得非常早。我睡不着了,所以我有点生气,之后我就去了教堂,然后吃了午餐。
  Todd: OK, but, you said early, like how early?
  托德:刚刚你说起得很早,那是多早?
  Ruth: Well, I think it was about 7 o'clock.
  鲁斯:嗯,我想大概是七点左右吧。
  Todd: That's not early.
  托德:那可并不早。
  Ruth: That is early if you went to bed at 1.
  鲁斯:如果你是凌晨一点才睡觉的话,那个时间很早。
  Todd: That's true. That's sleeping in for me.
  托德:那倒没错。对我来说那个时间就是睡过头了。
  Ruth: That's sleeping in. That's true. You're an early bird aren't you?
  鲁斯:睡过头了。那倒是。你是早起的人,对吧?
  Todd: Now, last night we went out and had the beers.
  托德:昨天晚上我们出去喝啤酒了。
  Ruth: Yeah!
  鲁斯:对啊!
  Todd: I was actually quite happy this morning. I had no hangover.
  托德:我今天早上非常高兴。我没有宿醉的症状。
  Ruth: Did you not? (No) I felt a little bit queasy 1 this morning, and I was a bit ashamed, and I didn't even drink very much. I wasn't, I didn't feel queasy. I think it was more that I hadn't had any sleep actually.
  鲁斯:你没有吗?(没有)我今天早上有点恶心,我感到有点不好意思,因为我并没有喝太多。我没有,我没有恶心,我想只是因为我睡得不够。
  Todd: Yeah, did you feel guilty in church knowing that you still had the beer buzz 2?
  托德:是啊,你在教堂的时候有没有因为还在宿醉而感到罪恶感?
  Ruth: No. I didn't feel guilty about that.
  鲁斯:没有,我没有为那种事感到有罪恶感。
  Todd: Yeah, that would be tough one. No, I still got up this morning at 5:45.
  托德:好吧,那很难。不过我今天早上还是凌晨5点45分起床的。
  Ruth: 5:45!
  鲁斯:5点45!
  Todd: Yeah.
  托德:是啊。
  Ruth: You must be a lunatic.
  鲁斯:你一定是个疯子。
  Todd: Well, I mean when the light comes up and the light goes through your window, I don't know how people can still sleep. You know? You can sleep when the light, the sunrise still comes up?
  托德:嗯,我是说天一亮,阳光就会从窗户照射进来,我不理解这样人们怎么还能睡觉。你知道吗?你在天亮了以后,太阳升起来以后还能睡觉吗?
  Ruth: Yeah, not for too, I mean I can't sleep forever, but like, 7 o'clock, 8 o'clock, then my body wakes up.
  鲁斯:是啊,我也不能,我是说我也不能一直睡,比如七、八点的时候,我的身体就会醒来。
  Todd: The apartment I was at before, it was crazy because there was a rooster outside, and it didn't do what it was supposed to do, like normally 3 when the sun comes up, the rooster is supposed to go, "er-er-er-er" or whatever, but this thing did it at like 1 and 2 in the morning. It used to drive me nuts, so I used to always wake up at 2 because I'd hear this rooster going "er-er-er" and I just wanted to kill that bird.
  托德:我以前住得那个公寓很疯狂,因为外面有公鸡,可是它却并没有做它应该做的事情,比如通常情况下太阳升起来以后,公鸡应该打鸣,可是这只公鸡却在凌晨一、两点的时候打鸣,那真的快把我逼疯了,所以那时我总是在凌晨两点醒来,因为我听到了公鸡打鸣,我真想杀了那只鸡。
  Ruth: Did you go sleep, back to sleep after that?
  鲁斯:在那之后你还会继续睡吗?
  Todd: Yeah, of course I went back to sleep, but the bird would wake me up regularly. Yeah. No roosters here.
  托德:当然,我会继续睡觉,但是这只鸡总是让我醒过来。不过这里没有公鸡。
  Ruth: That's not funny is it?
  鲁斯:那并不好笑不是吗?
  Todd: Yeah.
  托德:是啊。

adj.易呕的
  • I felt a little queasy on the ship.我在船上觉得有点晕眩想呕吐。
  • He was very prone to seasickness and already felt queasy.他快晕船了,已经感到恶心了。
v.充满了激动或活动的声音,发出低沉的声音
  • My brain was in buzz.我的脑袋嗡嗡响。
  • A buzz went through the crowded courtroom.拥挤的法庭里响起了一片乱哄哄的说话声。
adv.正常地,通常地
  • I normally do all my shopping on Saturdays.我通常在星期六买东西。
  • My pulse beats normally.我脉搏正常。
标签: 口语