职场英文口语 第155期:健康安全(1)
时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
Welcome back to the offices of Tip Top Trading where Tom has taken a tumble 1.
欢迎回到Tip Top Trading,汤姆在这里跌倒了。
He was trying to catch a mouse but tripped over.
他在捉老鼠的时候跌倒了。
Can Anna help soothe 2 the pain?
安娜能够抚慰伤痛吗?
Let's find out.
让我们去看看。
Ooh… oww… ouch. My arm really hurts.
哎呦,我的胳膊好疼。
What's all this noise about?
怎么这么吵?
It's Tom.
是汤姆。
He's had an accident – tripped over a mouse – I mean tripped over trying to catch a mouse.
他出了点意外,被老鼠绊倒了,我是说在捉老鼠时绊倒了。
Golly gosh. Are you OK Tom?
上帝。你还好吗,汤姆?
I dunno. I think I've broken something.
我不知道,我想我有什么地方摔断了。
Your pencil I think!
我想是你的笔!
Just sit there at my desk and I'll go and call a first-aider.
坐在我的工位上,我去叫急救人员。
Anna, you're going to have to fill in one of those Health and Safety reports.
安娜,你得去填一些健康安全报告。
Oh really? Do we have to?
真的吗?一定要吗?
It's procedure 3 and it's the law – it's got to be done.
这是程序也是规定,必须这样。
Now Tom, would a biscuit make you feel better?
汤姆,来点饼干会好受一些。
Health and Safety is important in the workplace 4.
健康安全在办公场所尤为重要。
The office needs to be a safe place to work in, but accidents do happen and that's when you have to report it.
办公室应该是一个安全的工作场所,但意外时有发生,这时就需要上报。
vi.跌倒,摔下,翻滚,暴跌;n.跌(摔)倒
- Children tumble over each other in play.孩子们玩耍时相互连身翻滚。
- He took a tumble down the stairs.他摔下了楼梯。
v.安慰;使平静;使减轻;缓和;奉承
- I've managed to soothe him down a bit.我想方设法使他平静了一点。
- This medicine should soothe your sore throat.这种药会减轻你的喉痛。
n.程序,手续,步骤;常规的做法
- The results show clearly that this procedure is correct.事实充分说明这种做法是正确的。
- It has passed through an interesting procedure of evolution.它经过了一个有趣的进化过程。
标签:
职场英文