时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语


英语课

   I could get you some nicotine 1 gum if you like?


  我可以给你一些尼古丁口香糖,如果你需要的话?
  No, it’s OK.I’ll stub it out… as you asked so nicely.
  不用了,谢谢。我会把烟灭掉的……看在你好心提醒我的份上。
  Thank you Mr Ingle. We’ll keep it a secret this time, but please don’t do it again.
  非常感谢,英格尔先生。我们就把这次的事情保密,但是请别再吸烟了。
  I’m afraid it’s just not permitted on company premises 2.
  在公司里抽烟是被禁止的。
  Yeah, whatever!
  无所谓!
  Oh and Mr Ingle, I still really like your overalls 3. Bye!
  对了,英格尔先生,你的工作服很好看。再见!
  Nice one Anna. You dealt with Mr Ingle really well.
  干得好,安娜。在英格尔先生这件事上你处理的很棒。
  You kept your cool and explained the reasons why he shouldn’t smoke.
  你很冷静,也解释了他不能吸烟的理由。
  Let’s hope he doesn’t do it again Anna.
  希望他下次不会再犯了,安娜。
  I hope not. I hate the smell of cigarette smoke.
  但愿如此。我不喜欢闻香烟的味道。
  But I never got to ask him about stock management.
  但是我再也不想去问他关于库存管理系统的事了。
  Well, maybe it’s best to leave it for another time?
  或许你可以下次再问?
  Anna’s had a tricky 4 day so far dealing 5 with Mr Ingle but she was firm and fair in the language she used.
  安娜的这一天可真不容易啊,不过她态度很坚定,说的话也很有道理。

n.(化)尼古丁,烟碱
  • Many smokers who are chemically addicted to nicotine cannot cut down easily.许多有尼古丁瘾的抽烟人不容易把烟戒掉。
  • Many smokers who are chemically addicted to nicotine cannot cut down easily.许多有尼古丁瘾的抽烟人不容易把烟戒掉。
n.建筑物,房屋
  • According to the rules,no alcohol can be consumed on the premises.按照规定,场内不准饮酒。
  • All repairs are done on the premises and not put out.全部修缮都在家里进行,不用送到外面去做。
n.(复)工装裤;长罩衣
  • He is in overalls today.他今天穿的是工作裤。
  • He changed his overalls for a suit.他脱下工装裤,换上了一套西服。
adj.狡猾的,奸诈的;(工作等)棘手的,微妙的
  • I'm in a rather tricky position.Can you help me out?我的处境很棘手,你能帮我吗?
  • He avoided this tricky question and talked in generalities.他回避了这个非常微妙的问题,只做了个笼统的表述。
n.经商方法,待人态度
  • This store has an excellent reputation for fair dealing.该商店因买卖公道而享有极高的声誉。
  • His fair dealing earned our confidence.他的诚实的行为获得我们的信任。
标签: 口语