职场英文口语 第82期:健康与安全(1)
时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
Welcome back. Things are quite tense at Tip Top Trading today.
欢迎回来。今天Tip Top Trading的气氛可有点紧张。
Paul, the boss, mistakenly thinks Anna's been smoking on company premises 1 and she's trying to explain herself.
老板保罗误以为安娜在公司吸烟,她正试着为自己解释。
But, but… Frankly 2, I'm disappointed with you Anna.
但,但是…… 老实说,这次我对你很失望,安娜。
You're a hard worker but it doesn't mean you can go against company policy.
你很努力,但这不代表你可以违反公司的规定。
Anna, remember the phrases we've learnt about a misunderstanding!
安娜,还记得教给你的那些解释误解的话吗!
Oh yes. Paul, I think there's been a misunderstanding.
是的。保罗,这次是你误会了。
A misunderstanding? How can you explain the smell of cigarette smoke?
误会?你怎么解释你身上的烟味呢?
This is a 'no smoking' building.
我们公司是“无烟”环境。
Let me explain. I went down to the warehouse 3 to speak to Mr Ingle and… well… someone else was smoking.
听我解释。我刚才下楼去仓库找英格尔先生谈事情,然后……有人在吸烟。
What! ? Someone was smoking in the warehouse?
什么!有人在库房吸烟?
Golly gosh, that's highly dangerous. Who was it Anna?
天啊,那可太危险了啊。他是谁,安娜?
Err… well… I can't really say. But I dealt with it and it won't happen again.
我真的不能说。不过我已经处理好这件事了,保证不会再发生。
Yes, you dealt with it very well Anna but can you keep your secret about Mr Ingle safe?
是的,安娜,你处理好了那件事,但是你能为英格尔先生保密吗?
Thank you Anna and sorry about the misunderstanding.
谢谢你安娜,抱歉刚才误会你了。
Would you like a biscuit?
来一块饼干吧?
Now I really think it's time we had a review of our health and safety procedures.
我觉得我们是时候再来复习一次公司的健康和安全条例了。
n.建筑物,房屋
- According to the rules,no alcohol can be consumed on the premises.按照规定,场内不准饮酒。
- All repairs are done on the premises and not put out.全部修缮都在家里进行,不用送到外面去做。
adv.坦白地,直率地;坦率地说
- To speak frankly, I don't like the idea at all.老实说,我一点也不赞成这个主意。
- Frankly speaking, I'm not opposed to reform.坦率地说,我不反对改革。
标签:
口语