时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语


英语课

   …and this is our office.


  这是我们的办公室。
  Ah, Anna, there you are.
  安娜,你在这里。
  Did I mention before you went to France, that Rachel is joining us for a while?
  你去法国前我跟你提过瑞秋会加入我们一阵子吗?
  No.
  没有。
  Ah… well… here she is. This is Rachel.
  就是她,瑞秋。
  Hi!
  你好!
  Hi. I'm Anna.
  你好,我是安娜。
  I work here as a sales executive 1.
  我是这里的销售主管。
  I know. You're quite new aren't you, ya?
  我知道,你还是个新人,不是吗?
  Not that new.
  也不算新人了。
  She's just won a great contract 2 for us.
  她为我们赢得了一份很棒的合同。
  Anyway, looks like you two are going to get on like a house on fire.
  总之,看起来你们会一见如故。
  Anna, I'd like you to, sort of, work alongside 3 Rachel.
  安娜,我希望你能和瑞秋一起工作。
  Alongside? Shouldn't I be in charge?
  一起?难道不是我负责吗?
  Yes… it's just, you know, you're not familiar with our office and Anna is, sort of, across this new contract… so… if you don't mind?
  是的,只是你还不熟悉我们的办公室,而安娜签了新合同,所以……如果你不介意的话?
  OK.Just for now, but don't think I'm going to be told what to do.
  好吧,目前是,但别以为我会任人使唤。
  I'm sure you won't be Rachel but maybe we could help each other?
  我保证不会的,瑞秋,但也许我们应该互相帮助?
  I'll try.
  我试着做吧。
  Good!
  很好!

adj.执行的,行政的;n.执行者,行政官,经理
  • A good executive usually gets on well with people.一个好的高级管理人员通常与人们相处得很好。
  • He is a man of great executive ability.他是个具有极高管理能力的人。
n.合同,契约,婚约;v.使缩短,感染,订约
  • The terms of the contract are acceptable to us.我们认为这个合同的条件可以接受。
  • I'm under contract to teach here for one year.我按照聘约要在这里教一年书。
adv.在旁边;prep.和...在一起,在...旁边
  • There was a butcher's shop alongside the theatre.剧院旁边有一家肉店。
  • Alongside of him stood his uncle.他的身旁站着他叔叔。
标签: 职场英文
学英语单词