职场英文口语 第138期:对付棘手员工(2)
时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
She was always listening in to other people's conversations and she's always changing jobs.
她总是偷听别人的谈话而且不停的换工作。
That's why they call her Rachel Rabbit – you know, big ears, always jumping from one job to another.
所以他们都叫她兔子瑞秋,大耳朵,总是从一个工作换到另一个。
Rachel Rabbit! That's funny.
兔子瑞秋!有意思。
So she isn't that good then?
所以她并没有那么好?
Oh, useless!
无用之人!
She only worked for Mr Socrates because her father threatened to sue 1 the company, after one of our plastic pineapples fell off a shelf and broke his toe.
她为苏格拉底工作是因为她的父亲威胁要告我们,之前我们的一个塑料菠萝从架子上掉下来砸坏了他的脚趾。
But, better keep that under your hat.
但最好要保密。
My hat?
我的帽子?
I mean, keep it secret.
我是说要保密。
Oh right, I see.
好的。我明白了。
Well, now she's ordered loads of second-hand 2 oranges to send to our new customer in France.
现在她定了大量的二手橙子发给我们法国的新客户。
But they wanted Imperial 3 Lemons.
但他们想要皇家柠檬。
I know. I'm not sure what to do, so I'm going to have to speak to Paul about this.
我知道。我不知该怎么办了,所以我得和保罗谈谈这些。
Yes it's a good idea to refer up sometimes – ask the boss for advice.
是的,有时上报是一个好主意,问问老板的意见。
Say to him "I'm concerned that Rachel has made a mistake that might affect the business".
对他说“我担心瑞秋犯了一个错误,这可能会影响生意。”
You might also say "she's not pulling her weight", meaning she's not doing the work she is supposed to do.
你也可以说“她没有做好份内的工作”,意思是她没有干她该干的活。
vt.控告,起诉;vi.请求,追求,起诉
- If you don't pay me the money,I'll sue you.如果你不付给我钱,我就告你。
- The war criminals sue for peace.战犯求和。
adj.用过的,旧的,二手的
- I got this book by chance at a second-hand bookshop.我赶巧在一家旧书店里买到这本书。
- They will put all these second-hand goods up for sale.他们将把这些旧货全部公开出售。
标签:
职场英文