职场英文口语 第20期:礼貌的请求(1)
时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:职场英文口语
英语课
Welcome back to English at Work.
欢迎回到职场英语。
We're still in Anna's first week in the busy offices of Tip Top Trading.
我们仍在Tip Top Trading中忙碌的办公室里,安娜上班的第一周。
How's it going Anna?
安娜,进展的怎么样?
Everything's still so new to me.
一切对我来说都不熟悉。
I keep needing to ask people for help!
我得不停的向人求助!
Well, that's only natural at the beginning.
开始的时候显然会是这样。
To ask people politely for help use the words would and could.
礼貌的寻求帮助时要用“would”和“could”。
You can also use the word please, but don't make the mistake of thinking's enough to make what you say polite.
你还可以用“请”这个词,但是不要误以为这么说就足够友好了。
Er, ok.
好的。
Hello Anna! Oh hi, Paul!
你好,安娜! 你好,保罗。
I was wondering if you could do something for me? Yes of course.
我在想你是不是可以帮我做点事情? 当然可以。
Would you be able to print out a file 1 for me?
你能帮我打印一份文件吗?
It's a document on CBL – Convincing 2 Bananas Limited – they're one of our suppliers.
这是仿真香蕉有限公司(CBL)的文件,他们是我们的供货商之一。
The file should be on the system and could I have it in the next ten minutes please, as they're on their way here for a meeting?
文件应该在系统里,鉴于他们正在前来开会的路上,你能在十分钟内给我吗?
Yes. Oh no, I've no idea how to find it! Tom...?!
行。不,我根本不知道从哪找到它!汤姆?!
n.档案,公文箱,锉刀;v.列队行进,归档,申请;[计算机]文件
- Fran came in holding a blue file.弗兰拿着一个蓝色的文件夹进来了。
- The door won't fit;you'll have to file it down.这门关不上,你得把它锉一锉。
adj.使人信服的,有力的,令人心悦诚服的
- The data you have collected is not enough to be convincing.你们收集的材料说服力不足。
- His version of the accident seemed most convincing.他对该事件的叙述似乎最令人信服。