VOA常速英语2016--美国欧盟称中国操纵人民币汇率
时间:2019-01-14 作者:英语课 分类:VOA标准英语2016年(七月)
美国欧盟称中国操纵人民币汇率
China is pushing back at criticism from U.S. President Barack Obama about Beijing's currency and trade policies. Obama says Washington does not want China to take advantage of the United States. China's foreign ministry 1 responded hours later by saying Beijing's economic policies were not the cause of U.S. financial woes 2. Beijing denied President Barack Obama's claim that China is manipulating the international currency and trade systems in its favor. Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin strongly defended his government's currency and foreign investment policies. Liu says far from trying to keep the yuan artificially low to benefit Chinese companies by making their products cheaper on international markets, Beijing is instead striving to manage a floating exchange rate. But he says Beijing will do so at its own pace. Liu says even if the RMB does rise substantially in value, it will not solve the problems facing the United States. He says America's trade deficit 3, unemployment and what he describes as "other structural 4 problems" are not caused by China's manipulation of its currency's exchange rate. President Obama used some of his strongest language yet to demand Beijing obey international investment rules. After meeting Chinese President Hu Jintao at the APEC summit in Hawaii on Sunday, Mr. Obama said international rules are in place for all nations to follow and to allow them to compete fiercely with each other. He said the United States will "continue to be firm that China operates by the same rules as everyone else." "Their role is different now than it was 20 years ago, or 30 years ago, where if they were breaking some rules, it did not really matter. It did not have a significant impact. You were not seeing huge trade imbalances that had consequences for the world financial system. Now, they have grown up and so they are going to have to manage this process in a responsible way. Liu dismissed the President's suggestion that China was behaving immaturely 5 and unfavorably. He says it is America, not China, that needs to abide 6 by international trade rules. He calls for Washington to let Chinese companies invest more in the United States. Liu also insisted that Washington relax restrictions 7 on the export of high tech products to China, claiming this greatly profits U.S. companies. The United States bans some sophisticated technology sales to China on national security grounds. Washington is not alone in calling China a currency manipulator. The European Union also accuses Beijing of keeping its currency artificially low to help make China the world's manufacturing capital and second-biggest economy.
中国否认美国总统奥巴马关于中国货币汇率政策和贸易政策的说辞。奥巴马称,美国不想让中国利用美国。就在几小时后,中国外交部回应称,中国的经济政策并非美国经济不振的原因。中方否认奥巴马所称的中国在操纵全球货币和贸易系统为自己所用。中方外交部发言人刘为民强烈捍卫中国政府的货币与外资政策。刘为民表示,中方不仅从未蓄意降低人民币汇率以增强中国产品的在国际市场的竞争力,反之,中方一直都在努力调控人民币浮动汇率。在调控人民币浮动汇率方面,中方会把握好自己的节奏。刘为民称,即便人民币大幅升值,也不能解决美方面临的问题。他表示,美方的贸易逆差、失业问题和其他“结构性问题”与中方汇率情况无关。不过奥巴马言辞强烈,要求中方遵守国际投资原则。在周日召开的亚太经和组织(APEC)峰会上,奥巴马与中国国家主席胡锦涛会面。会后,奥巴马称,国际原则是每个国家都应该遵守,这样才能进行激烈竞争。奥巴马称,美国会“继续保证中国像其他国家一样按照相同的原则来竞争”。 “中国现在的角色不同于20年前或30年前了,那时候如果中国违反国际原则,没什么大关系”。那时候的中国没有巨大的影响力。所以,即便有巨大的贸易失衡,也不会对国际金融体系造成巨大影响。但是如今,中国已经强大起来了,因此中国必须要以负责任的方式参与国际进程。
刘为民否认了美方所称的中方表现不成熟或不妥当。他还表示,需要遵守国际贸易规则的不是中国,而是美国。他呼吁美方准入中国公司对其进行投资。他还表示,美方应该放宽对中国高科技产品的出口,这也会极大促进美国公司的发展。美方处于国家安全考虑,禁止将尖端技术出售中国。指责中国操纵货币的,并非美国一方。欧盟也指责中方人为控制汇率,目的是让中国成为世界制造强国和第二大经济体。
- They sent a deputation to the ministry to complain.他们派了一个代表团到部里投诉。
- We probed the Air Ministry statements.我们调查了空军部的记录。
- Thanks for listening to my woes. 谢谢您听我诉说不幸的遭遇。
- She has cried the blues about its financial woes. 对于经济的困难她叫苦不迭。
- The directors have reported a deficit of 2.5 million dollars.董事们报告赤字为250万美元。
- We have a great deficit this year.我们今年有很大亏损。
- The storm caused no structural damage.风暴没有造成建筑结构方面的破坏。
- The North American continent is made up of three great structural entities.北美大陆是由三个构造单元组成的。
- Even allowing for his age, he still acts very immaturely. 即使考虑到他的年龄,他仍然表演得很不成熟。 来自互联网
- His teenage son still behaves very immaturely. 他十几岁的儿子行事仍然很不成熟。 来自互联网
- You must abide by the results of your mistakes.你必须承担你的错误所造成的后果。
- If you join the club,you have to abide by its rules.如果你参加俱乐部,你就得遵守它的规章。
- I found the restrictions irksome. 我对那些限制感到很烦。
- a snaggle of restrictions 杂乱无章的种种限制