向前一步:第160期 让你的另一半成为你真正的人生搭档(18)
英语课
Women face enough barriers to professional success. 阻碍女性在职场上成功的因素已经够多了,
If they also have to worry that they will upset their husbands by succeeding, how can we hope to live in an equal world? 如果她们还要担心自己的成功会让丈夫不高兴,那我们还怎么希望这个世界更平等?
When looking for a life partner, my advice to women is date all of them: 对于一个正在寻找人生伴侣的女性,我的建议是,她可以和各种类型的男人约会:
the bad boys, the cool boys, the commitment-phobic boys, the crazy boys. But do not marry them. 坏坏的,酷酷的,有承诺恐惧症的,以及满怀激情的,但别和他们结婚。
The things that make the bad boys sexy do not make them good husbands. 坏男人性感的因素不会让他们成为好丈夫。
When it comes time to settle down, find someone who wants an equal partner. 到了想安顿下来的时候,你应该找一个愿意和你平等相处的男人。
Someone who thinks women should be smart, opinionated, and ambitious 1. 这类男性会认为女人应该聪明、有主见、有事业心;
Someone who values fairness and expects or, even better, wants to do his share in the home. 他会重视公平,并做好分担家庭责任的准备,甚至非常乐意这么做。
These men exist and, trust me, over time, nothing is sexier. 这样的男人的确存在,请相信我,随着时间的推移,你会发现他才是最性感的。
(If you don't believe me, check out a fabulous 2 little book called Porn for Women. 如果你不相信我,可以翻翻一本很棒的小书《女人的情色书》,
One page shows a man cleaning a kitchen while insisting, "I like to get to these things before I have to be asked." 里面有一页描述的是一个男人边打扫厨房边说:“不用你吩咐,我就乐意做这些事情。”
Another man gets out of bed in the middle of the night, wondering, "Is that the baby? I'll get her.") 还有个男人半夜起床,心里想着:“是宝宝在哭吗?我去看看。”
Kristina Salen, the leader of Fidelity's media and internet investment 3 group, Etsy网首席财务官克里斯蒂娜·萨伦告诉我,
told me that when she was dating, she wanted to see how much a boyfriend would support her career, so she devised 4 a test. 她在开始约会时很想知道男友有多支持她的事业,所以她设计了一个小测试:
She would break a date at the last minute claiming there was a professional conflict and see how the guy would react. 她会在最后一刻取消约会,说工作上有点事情,然后看男友作何反应。
If he understood and simply rescheduled, she would go out with him again. 如果他表示理解,说改天再约,那么她就会和他继续交往。
adj.有雄心的,劲头十足的,有野心的
- One may be poor but never ceases to be ambitious.人穷志不穷。
- He is an ambitious young man full of enthusiasm and vitality.他是个充满热情与活力的有远大抱负的青年。
adj.极好的;极为巨大的;寓言中的,传说中的
- We had a fabulous time at the party.我们在晚会上玩得很痛快。
- This is a fabulous sum of money.这是一笔巨款。
n.投资,投资额;(时间、精力等的)投入
- It took two years before I recouped my investment.我用了两年时间才收回投资。
- The success of the project pivots on investment from abroad.这个工程的成功主要依靠外来投资。
标签:
向前一步