TED演讲:用"云"建立一所学校(7)
时间:2018-12-02 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲教育篇
英语课
The children came rushing, said, "What's all this?" 孩子们涌了过来问:“这些都是什么?”
So I said, "It's very topical, very important. But it's all in English." 我说:“这些都是热门的,重要的东西。但都是英文写的。”
So they said, "How can we understand such big English words and diagrams and chemistry?" 他们就说:“我们怎么可能懂这么多英语单词还有图表和化学?”
So by now, I had developed a new pedagogical method, so I applied 1 that. 那时候,我已经学会一种新的教育方法,于是我用了。
I said, "I haven't the foggiest idea." "And anyway, I am going away." 我说:“我一点儿都不知道。”“反正,我要走了。”
So I left them for a couple of months. They'd got a zero. I gave them a test. 所以我离开他们几个月。我以为他们会得零分。我给他们作了一次测验。
I came back after two months and the children trooped in and said, "We've understood nothing." 两个月之后我回去了,孩子们成群结队地跑来说:“我们什么都没搞明白。”
"Well, what did I expect?" “好吧,我能期望什么呢?”
So I said, "Okay, but how long did it take you before you decided 2 that you can't understand anything?" 我说:“但是你们花了多长时间得出的结论说你们什么都搞不懂呢?”
So they said, "We haven't given up. We look at it every single day." 他们说:“我们还没放弃。我们每天都研究它。”
So I said, "What? You don't understand these screens and you keep staring at it for two months? What for?" 我说:“什么?你们看不懂这些屏幕但你们还是盯着看了两个月?为什么?”
So a little girl who you see just now, she raised her hand, and she says to me in broken Tamil and English, she said, 有个小姑娘,就是你们刚才看到的,她举起了手,用泰米尔语夹杂着蹩脚的英语说:
"Well, apart from the fact that improper 3 replication of the DNA 4 molecule 5 causes disease, we haven't understood anything else." “唔,除了不恰当的复制DNA分子会导致疾病,别的我们都不知道了。”
1 applied
adj.应用的;v.应用,适用
- She plans to take a course in applied linguistics.她打算学习应用语言学课程。
- This cream is best applied to the face at night.这种乳霜最好晚上擦脸用。
2 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
3 improper
adj.不适当的,不合适的,不正确的,不合礼仪的
- Short trousers are improper at a dance.舞会上穿短裤不成体统。
- Laughing and joking are improper at a funeral.葬礼时大笑和开玩笑是不合适的。
标签:
TED演讲