TED演讲:为什么头盔不能预防脑震荡?(10)
时间:2019-01-03 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科技篇
英语课
And I want to bring this back finally to the original question I asked, which is, 最后我想要回到最初我常被问到的那个问题,
would I feel comfortable letting my child play football or ride a bicycle? 我会让我的小孩打橄榄球吗?会让它骑自行车吗?
And this might be just a result of my own traumatic experience. 因为我自己的痛苦经历。
I'm much more nervous about my daughter, Rose, riding a bicycle. 当我女儿Rose骑自行车时,我会非常紧张,
So she's a year and a half old, and she's already, well, wants to anyway, race down the streets of San Francisco. 她现在才一岁半,就已经很想冲下旧金山的街道。
This is the bottom of one of these streets. 这张图片拍摄于某条街道的末尾。
And so my personal goal is to -- and I believe this is possible -- is to further develop these technologies, 所以我个人的目标是进一步研发这些技术,而且我认为这可行性很大,
and in fact, we're working on something in my lab in particular that really makes optimal 1 use of the given space of a helmet 2. 事实上,我的实验室尤其致力于研究头盔内部空间的最佳使用方式。
And I am confident that we will be able to, before she's ready to ride a two-wheeler, 我敢肯定我们能在我女儿可以骑两轮自行车前做到这一点,
have something available that can in fact really reduce the risk of concussion 3 and comply 4 with regulatory bodies. 研发出能够真正减少脑震荡风险且符合监管机构要求的头盔。
And so what I'd like to do -- and I know that this is for some of you of more immediate 5 nature, 所以这就是我想做的--我知道可以为你们直接做多一些,
I've got a couple years here -- is to be able to tell parents and grandparents when I'm asked, 我希望再过几年,我可以告诉孩子家长和祖父母,
it is safe and healthy for your children to engage 6 in these activities. 孩子们可以安全、健康地骑自行车、打橄榄球。
And I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful team at Stanford that's working hard on this. 非常有幸我能在斯坦福有这样一个致力于研究脑震荡的团队。
So I hope to come back in a few years with the final story, 我希望过几年我可以再来讲最后的故事,
but for now I will tell you, please don't just be afraid when you hear the word concussion. There is hope. Thank you. 但现在我可以告诉各位,当你听到脑震荡一词时不要害怕。还有希望。谢谢各位。
adj.最适宜的;最理想的;最令人满意的
- What is the optimal mix of private and public property rights in natural resources?私人和国家的自然资源产权的最适宜的组合是什么?
- Optimal path planning is a key link for the sailing contest.帆船最优行驶路径规划是帆船比赛取胜的关键环节。
n.钢盔;头盔;安全帽;vt.给…戴头盔
- The man on the motorcycle wore a helmet.骑摩托车的人戴了一顶头盔。
- Wear your safety helmet when you go down.戴上安全帽再下去。
n.脑震荡;震动
- He was carried off the field with slight concussion.他因轻微脑震荡给抬离了现场。
- She suffers from brain concussion.她得了脑震荡。
v.遵照,照做,应允,顺从,服从
- She was told to pay the fine,but refused to comply.她被通知交纳罚款,但她拒不服从。
- Candidates must comply strictly with these instructions.候选人必须严格遵守这些指示。
adj.立即的;直接的,最接近的;紧靠的
- His immediate neighbours felt it their duty to call.他的近邻认为他们有责任去拜访。
- We declared ourselves for the immediate convocation of the meeting.我们主张立即召开这个会议。
标签:
TED演讲