TED演讲:一项关于电动车的大胆计划(9)
时间:2019-01-03 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲科技篇
英语课
Now where is the car industry on that? Very interesting. 汽车工业在这个问题上的位置究竟在哪?这非常有意思。
The car industry has been focused just on themselves. 汽车工业一直都只专注在它们自己身上。
They basically looked at it and said, "Car 1.0 we'll solve everything within the car itself." 基本上他们查看了形势然后决定,“汽车1.0我们将在汽车身上解决所有问题。”
No infrastructure 1, no problem. We forgot about the entire chain around us. 没有基本设施,没有问题。我们忘记了这些围绕着我们的产业链。
All this stuff that happens around. 这些在我们身边发生的事情。
We are looking at the emergence 2 of a car 2.0 -- a whole new market, a whole new business model. 我们正关注汽车2.0的发展--一个全新的市场,一个全新的商业模式。
The business model in which the money that is actually coming in, to drive the car 这个商业模式带来新的收益,驾驶汽车会促使,
the minutes, the miles if you want, that you are all familiar with -- subsidize the price of the car, just like cellphones. 时间,英里如果那比较便于理解,这些你熟悉的概念,用来补助汽车的价钱,就像手机一样。
You'll pay for the miles. And some of it will go back to the car maker 3. 你只负责驾驶距离。这些钱,一部分将会回到汽车制造商身上。
Some of it will go back to your own pocket. 一部分将会回到你自己的口袋里。
But our cars are actually going to be cheaper than gasoline cars. 我们的汽车将比汽油汽车便宜。
You're looking at a world where cars are matched with windmills. 这将是一个汽车与风车磨坊相组合的世界。
In Denmark, we will drive all the cars in Denmark from windmills, not from oil. 在丹麦,我们将依赖风力而不是汽油,来驾驶所有的汽车。
In Israel, we've asked to put a solar farm in the south of Israel. 在以色列,我们将在南部建立一个太阳能磨坊。
And people said, "Oh that's a very very large space that you're asking for." 人们说,“你们要的可是一个巨大的空间。”
And we said, "What if we had proven that in the same space we found oil for the country for the next hundred years?" 我们回答,“如果我们证明在这个空间里,我们可以为这个国家找到足够一百年的石油?”
And they said, "We tried. There isn't any." 他们说,“我们已经尝试过了。那里没有石油。”
We said, "No no, but what if we prove it?" 我们说,“不,不,我们能证明,怎么样?”
And they said, "Well you can dig." 然后他们说,“那你就挖吧。”
And we decided 4 to dig up, instead of digging down. These are perfect matches to one another. 于是我们开始往上挖,并不是往下钻。这些是完全符合双方的资源。
Now all you need is about 10 percent of the electricity generated. 现在你只需要百分之10的所得电力。
Think of it as a project that spans over about 10 years. That's one percent a year. 想像这个是持续10年的项目。那便是平均每年百分之1。
Now when we're looking at solving big problems, we need to start thinking in two numbers. 现在我们正要解决一些主要的问题,我们必须开始考虑两个数字。
And those are not 20 percent by 2020. 它们并不是在2010年达到百分之20。
The two numbers are zero -- as in zero footprint or zero oil -- and scale it infinity 5. 这两个数字是零,零排放量和零耗油量,并且把它们的规模无穷的扩大。
And when we go to COP15 at the end of this year we can't stop thinking of padding CO2. 当我们在今年年底前往COP15,我们不停的在想如何衬垫二氧化碳。
We have to start thinking about giving kickers to countries that are willing to go to this kind of scale. 我们得开始设想如何鼓励那些愿意采用这个方案的国家。
n.下部构造,下部组织,基础结构,基础设施
- We should step up the development of infrastructure for research.加强科学基础设施建设。
- We should strengthen cultural infrastructure and boost various types of popular culture.加强文化基础设施建设,发展各类群众文化。
n.浮现,显现,出现,(植物)突出体
- The last decade saw the emergence of a dynamic economy.最近10年见证了经济增长的姿态。
- Language emerges and develops with the emergence and development of society.语言是随着社会的产生而产生,随着社会的发展而发展的。
n.制造者,制造商
- He is a trouble maker,You must be distant with him.他是个捣蛋鬼,你不要跟他在一起。
- A cabinet maker must be a master craftsman.家具木工必须是技艺高超的手艺人。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
标签:
TED演讲