向前一步:第79期 职业生涯中的长远梦想及短期目标(11)
英语课
Those in more established industries can look for the rocket ships within their companies—divisions or teams that are expanding. 成熟的行业可以在其企业内部寻找“火箭”,即正在扩张的部门或是团队;
And in careers like teaching 1 or medicine, the corollary is to seek out positions where there is high demand for those skills. 而像教育或医药这样的行业,就需要找出那些对职业技能有要高要求的职位。
For example, in my brother's field of pediatric neurosurgery, there are some cities with too many physicians, while others have too few. 比如,在我弟弟所在的小儿神经外科领域,有些城市的医生过多,有些城市的医生则太少。
My brother has always elected to work where his expertise 2 would be in demand so he can have the greatest impact 3. 而我弟弟总是选择去那些能充分发挥自己专业技能的地方,以便发挥出最大的职业潜力。
Just as I believe everyone should have a long-term dream, I also believe everyone should have an eighteen-month plan. 我相信每个人都应该有一个长远的梦想,我也相信每个人都应该有一个“18个月目标”。
(I say eighteen months because two years seems too long and one year seems too short, but it does not have to be any exact amount of time.) (之所以说“18个月”是因为两年听起来太长,一年听起来又太短,这表示并不一定要有完全确切的时间。)
Typically, my eighteen-month plan sets goals on two fronts. 通常,我的“18个月目标”会从两方面加以考虑:
First and most important, I set targets for what my team can accomplish. 首先,也是最重要的,以“我的团队能为公司做什么”设定目标。
Employees who concentrate on results and impact are the most valuable, 那些关注结果和影响力的雇员是最值得重视的,
like Lori, who wisely focused on solving Facebook's recruiting 4 problem before focusing on herself. 比如洛里·戈勒,她很聪明地把注意力放在解决脸谱网的招聘难题而不是自己身上。
This is not just thinking communally—the expected and often smart choice for a woman—but simply good business. 这不仅能让女性从共同利益的角度思考问题,它也符合人们的期望并且是一种明智的选择。
n.教学,执教,任教,讲授;(复数)教诲
- We all agree in adopting the new teaching method. 我们一致同意采取新的教学方法。
- He created a new system of teaching foreign languages.他创造了一种新的外语教学体系。
n.专门知识(或技能等),专长
- We were amazed at his expertise on the ski slopes.他斜坡滑雪的技能使我们赞叹不已。
- You really have the technical expertise in a new breakthrough.让你真正在专业技术上有一个全新的突破。
n.冲击,碰撞;影响;vt.装紧,压紧
- The computer had made a great impact on modern life.计算机对现代生活产生了巨大的影响.
- How will the war impact on such a poet?战争对这样一个诗人会产生什么影响?
招聘( recruit的现在分词 ); 吸收某人为新成员; 动员…(提供帮助); 雇用
- We are recruiting a sales manager with responsibility for the European market. 我们正在招聘负责欧洲市场的销售经理。
- "Hoist the recruiting flag and hungry men will come. “插起招军旗,就有吃粮人。”
标签:
向前一步