时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:向前一步


英语课

   Another way I try to foster authentic 1 communication is to speak openly about my own weaknesses. 我尝试进行真诚交流的另一种方式,便是公开地谈论自己的缺点。


  To highlight just one, I have a tendency to get impatient about unresolved situations. 举个例子,我常常在问题没得到解决时就已经失去耐心,
  My reaction is to push for people to resolve them quickly, in some cases before they realistically can. 并且急切地催促其他人迅速解决问题,但现实情况是他们有时根本没办法做到。
  David Fischer and I have worked closely together for fifteen years at Treasury 2, Google, and Facebook. 从美国财政部到谷歌再到脸谱网,戴维·费希尔已和我共事了15年。
  He jokes that he can tell from my tone of voice whether he should bother to complete a task or if I'm about to just do it myself. 他开玩笑说仅从我的语气他就能判断出,他应该自己费心去完成一件事还是我已经准备亲自动手去做。
  I acknowledge my impatience 3 openly and ask my colleagues to let me know when I need to chill out. 我会很坦率地承认自己缺乏耐心,而且会请同事们在我需要冷静时提醒我。
  By mentioning this myself, I give others permission to bring up my impatience—and joke about it too. 这样一来,就让别人知道是可以提及我这个缺点的——甚至还可以拿它开开玩笑。
  My colleagues will say to me, "Sheryl, you asked us to tell you when you get nervous and push the teams too hard. I think you're doing that now." 他们会对我说:“谢丽尔,你要我们告诉你,你什么时候会情绪紧张并且还会给大家过分施压。我想,就是现在。”
  But if I never said anything, would anyone at Facebook walk up to me and announce, "Hey, Sheryl, calm down! You're driving everyone nuts!" 但如果我什么也不说,难道会有人到我面前说“嗨,谢丽尔,冷静点!你都快把大伙儿逼疯了”?
  Somehow I doubt it. They would think it. They might even say it to one another. But they wouldn't say it to me. 我估计不会。他们只会在心里想想,或是会私下里议论,但绝不会当面对我说。
  When people are open and honest, thanking them publicly encourages them to continue while sending a powerful signal to others. 当一个人的态度保持开放、坦诚时,公开对此表示赞扬与感谢也会让他们受到鼓舞,同时还能对其他人产生有效的示范作用。
  At a meeting with about sixty Facebook engineers, 一次与60位脸谱网工程师开会时,
  I mentioned that I was interested in opening more Facebook offices around the world, especially in one particular region. 我提到我想在其他国家再多开几家脸谱网分公司。

a.真的,真正的;可靠的,可信的,有根据的
  • This is an authentic news report. We can depend on it. 这是篇可靠的新闻报道, 我们相信它。
  • Autumn is also the authentic season of renewal. 秋天才是真正的除旧布新的季节。
n.宝库;国库,金库;文库
  • The Treasury was opposed in principle to the proposals.财政部原则上反对这些提案。
  • This book is a treasury of useful information.这本书是有价值的信息宝库。
n.不耐烦,急躁
  • He expressed impatience at the slow rate of progress.进展缓慢,他显得不耐烦。
  • He gave a stamp of impatience.他不耐烦地跺脚。
标签: 向前一步
学英语单词