向前一步:第156期 让你的另一半成为你真正的人生搭档(14)
英语课
My brother had a wonderful role model in my father, who was an engaged and active parent. 我的弟弟有一个绝佳的榜样,那就是我们的父亲——一位非常有责任感的家长。
Like most men of his generation, my father did very little domestic work, 像他那一辈的大多数男人一样,我父亲基本不做什么家务,
but unlike most men of his generation, he was happy to change diapers and give baths. 但不像他那一辈的大多数男人,他很乐意给孩子换尿布、洗澡。
He was home for dinner every night, since his ophthalmology practice required no travel and involved few emergencies. 他每天都在家里吃晚餐,因为眼科医生的工作不需要经常出差,也很少应对紧急事件。
He coached my brother's and sister's sports teams (and would have happily coached mine if I had been the slightest bit coordinated). 他经常给我弟弟妹妹的运动队作指导(如果我身体的协调性能再好一点,他也会很高兴地做我的教练)。
He helped me with my homework regularly and was my most enthusiastic fan when I participated in oratory 1 contests. 他还定期帮我辅导功课,当我参加演讲比赛时,他也是最热情的支持者。
Studies from around the world have concluded that children benefit greatly from paternal 2 involvement. 世界各地的研究都一致发现,父亲的参与能让孩子在成长过程中受益颇多。
Research over the last forty years has consistently found that in comparison to children with less-involved fathers, 与成长过程中父亲参与度低的孩子比起来,
children with involved and loving fathers have higher levels of psychological well-being 3 and better cognitive 4 abilities. 父亲参与度高、受到更多关爱的孩子,其心理状态更健康、认知能力也更强。
When fathers provide even just routine child care, children have higher levels of educational and economic achievement and lower delinquency rates. 如果父亲在日常生活中更多地照顾孩子,孩子在教育和经济上的成就会更大,不良行为的比例也会更低,
Their children even tend to be more empathetic and socially competent. 并具有更强的同情心和社交能力。
These findings hold true for children from all socioeconomic backgrounds, whether or not the mother is highly involved. 这些发现适用于不同社会经济背景下的所有孩子,不论在他们的成长过程中母亲的参与度有多高。
n.演讲术;词藻华丽的言辞
- I admire the oratory of some politicians.我佩服某些政治家的辩才。
- He dazzled the crowd with his oratory.他的雄辩口才使听众赞叹不已。
adj.父亲的,像父亲的,父系的,父方的
- I was brought up by my paternal aunt.我是姑姑扶养大的。
- My father wrote me a letter full of his paternal love for me.我父亲给我写了一封充满父爱的信。
n.安康,安乐,幸福
- He always has the well-being of the masses at heart.他总是把群众的疾苦挂在心上。
- My concern for their well-being was misunderstood as interference.我关心他们的幸福,却被误解为多管闲事。
标签:
向前一步