精美英文欣赏:A Business Creed 职业信条
时间:2019-01-02 作者:英语课 分类:精美英文欣赏
To respect my work, my associates and myself. To be honest and fair with them as I expect them to be honest and fair with me. To be a man whose word carries weight. To be a booster, not a knocker; a pusher, not a kicker; a motor, not a clog 1.
To base my expectations of reward on a solid foundation of service rendered; to be willing to pay the price of success in honest effort. To look upon my work as opportunity, to be seized with joy and made the most of, and not as painful drudgery 2 to be reluctantly endured.
To remember that success lies within myself; in my own brain, my own ambition, my own courage and determination. To expect difficulties and force my way through them, to turn hard experiences into capital for future struggles.
To interest my heart and soul in my work, and aspire 3 to the highest efficiency in the achievement of results. To be patiently receptive of just criticism and profit from its teaching. To treat equals and superiors with respect, and subordinates with kindly 4 encouragement.
To make a study of my business duties; to know my work from the ground up. To mix brains with my efforts and use system and method in all I undertake. To find time to do everything needful by never letting time find me or my subordinates doing nothing. To hoard 5 days as a miser 6 does dollars, to make every hour bring me dividends 8 in specific results accomplished 9. To steer 10 clear of dissipation and guard my health of body and peace of mind as my most precious stock in trade.
Finally, to take a good grip on the joy of life; to play the game like a gentleman; to fight against nothing so hard as my own weakness, and endeavor to grow in business capacity, and as a man, with the passage of every day of time.
尊重我的工作、我的同事和我自己。待之以真诚和公正,因为我也希望他们会这样对待我。做一个一言九鼎的人;做一个支持者而不是一个吹毛求疵者,一个推动者而不是一个抱怨者,一个马达而不是一个障碍。
先呈现良好的服务,再期待相应的报酬;以诚信换取成功;视工作为机遇,以快乐的心情投入其中,来换取最大的收获,而不是视之为难以忍受的苦差事。
牢牢铭记(于心):成功的关键在于自己,在于自己的智慧,自己的雄心,自己的勇气和决心。对困难有充足的思想准备,努力战胜它们,让艰难的经历成为未来的竞争资本。
工作的同时别忘了愉悦身心,以最高的效率取得结果。耐心接纳合理的批评,并从中获益。尊重上级,也尊重同事,尊重下属,给予他们亲切的鼓励。
认真思索自己的工作职责;熟悉自己的工作。对所做的事情尽心尽力、循间法路。找时间做所有应做的事情,不要让时间来找我或是让自己的下属闲着无所事事。象吝啬鬼对待金钱那样对待自己的每一天,让自己的每个小时都有所收获,让这些成功带来股利。避免无谓的体力和精力消耗,身体的健康和思绪的平静是最宝贵的财富。
最后,享受生命的快乐;在生活的竞赛中保持绅士风度;以最大的勇气和决心克服自己的弱点;我是一个男子汉,随着时间的流逝,我将在工作中学会成长。
1.associate n. 同伴, 伙伴, 合伙人
I got a new job and a new set of work associations.
我有了新工作和一班新同事。
2.booster n. 支持者, 助推器, 辅助药剂
My win last week is a nice confidence booster.
上周取得的胜利给了我极大的信心。
3.clog n. 累赘, 有木跟的鞋子 vt. 阻塞, 妨碍, 超载
The pipes are clogging 11 up.
管子渐渐被堵塞.
4.drudgery n. 苦差事, 苦工
I am afraid that I shall find it drudgery to teach music to beginner.
我恐怕会觉得教初学者音乐是个单调沉闷的工作。
5.subordinate n. 属下, 附属物
He was always friendly to his subordinates.
他对下级一向和蔼可亲。
6.miser n. 守财奴, 吝啬鬼
Bless her from marrying a miser.
上天保佑她不要和一个吝啬鬼结婚。
7.dividend 7 ['dividend] n. 红利, 股息, 意外之财, 彩金, 被除数
The company declared a large dividend at the end of the year.
公司在年底宣布分发高额股息。
8.dissipation n. 损耗
He runs the whole gamut 12 of dissipation.
他干尽了放荡的事儿。
- In cotton and wool processing,short length fibers may clog sewers.在棉毛生产中,短纤维可能堵塞下水管道。
- These streets often clog during the rush hour.这几条大街在交通高峰时间常常发生交通堵塞。
- People want to get away from the drudgery of their everyday lives.人们想摆脱日常生活中单调乏味的工作。
- He spent his life in pointlessly tiresome drudgery.他的一生都在做毫无意义的烦人的苦差事。
- Living together with you is what I aspire toward in my life.和你一起生活是我一生最大的愿望。
- I aspire to be an innovator not a follower.我迫切希望能变成个开创者而不是跟随者。
- Her neighbours spoke of her as kindly and hospitable.她的邻居都说她和蔼可亲、热情好客。
- A shadow passed over the kindly face of the old woman.一道阴影掠过老太太慈祥的面孔。
- They have a hoard of food in the basement.地下室里有他们贮藏的食物。
- How many curios do you hoard in your study?你在你书房里聚藏了多少古玩?
- The miser doesn't like to part with his money.守财奴舍不得花他的钱。
- The demon of greed ruined the miser's happiness.贪得无厌的恶习毁掉了那个守财奴的幸福。
- The company was forced to pass its dividend.该公司被迫到期不分红。
- The first quarter dividend has been increased by nearly 4 per cent.第一季度的股息增长了近 4%。
- Nothing pays richer dividends than magnanimity. 没有什么比宽宏大量更能得到厚报。
- Their decision five years ago to computerise the company is now paying dividends. 五年前他们作出的使公司电脑化的决定现在正产生出效益。
- Thanks to your help,we accomplished the task ahead of schedule.亏得你们帮忙,我们才提前完成了任务。
- Removal of excess heat is accomplished by means of a radiator.通过散热器完成多余热量的排出。
- If you push the car, I'll steer it.如果你来推车,我就来驾车。
- It's no use trying to steer the boy into a course of action that suits you.想说服这孩子按你的方式行事是徒劳的。
- This process suffers mainly from clogging the membrane. 这种过程的主要问题是滤膜的堵塞。
- And you know that eyewitness that's been clogging up the airwaves? 你知道那个充斥着电视广播的目击证人?