时间:2019-02-21 作者:英语课 分类:英国语文第二册


英语课

   LESSON 45 What the sparrow chirps 2 第四十五课 麻雀在叫什么


  I'm only a little sparrow, 我只是一只小小的麻雀,
  A bird of low degree; 一种很低级的鸟类;
  My life is of little value,— 我的生命没有价值,——
  But there's One who cares for me. 但是有一个人很关心我。
  He gave me a coat of feathers: 他给了我一身羽毛:
  It is very plain, I know, 我知道,这只是很普通的羽毛,
  With never a speck 3 of crimson 4, 上面没有红斑,
  For it was not made for show; 只因这并非用于展示;
  But it keeps me warm in winter, 但是有了它,我冬天不再受冷,
  And it shields me from the rain; 有了它,我雨天不再被淋;
  Were it bordered with gold or purple, 黄色或紫色的羽毛,
  Perhaps it would make me vain! 或许也无此等功用!
  And now that the spring-time cometh. 既然春天已经来临。
  I will build me a little nest, 在我最喜欢的地方,
  With many a chirp 1 of pleasure, 我会为自己建一个小窝,
  In the spot I like the best. 充满欢乐的生活。
  I have no barn or store-house, 我没有谷仓或储藏室,
  I neither sow nor reap; 我也从来不播种,不收获;
  God gives me a sparrow's portion, 上帝让我做一只麻雀,
  But never a seed to keep. 却并未赐予我种子。
  If my meal is sometimes scanty 5, 如果我缺乏食物,
  Close picking makes it sweet; 我会在附近觅食;
  I have always enough to feed me, 我从不挨饿,
  And "life is more than meat." 而且,“生活不仅仅是吃。”
  I know there are many sparrows—all over the world we are found; 我知道,麻雀很多—— 随处可见;
  but our heavenly Father knoweth,when one of us falls to the ground. 但只有上帝知道我们的逝去。
  Though small, we are never forgotten; 虽然渺小,我们却从未被遗忘;
  Though weak, we are never afraid: 虽然脆弱,我们却不曾畏惧:
  For we know there is One who keepeth,the life of the creatures He made. 因为我们知道,我们的生命属于造物主。
  I fly through the thickest forest, 我飞过最茂密的森林,
  I light on many a spray; 我在许多家门前停落;
  I have no chart nor compass, 我没有地图,也没有指南针,
  But I never lose my way. 但我从未迷路。
  And I fold my wings at twilight 6, 黎明之际,我收起翅膀,
  Wherever I happen to be; 无论此时的我身在何处;
  For the Father is always watching, 因为上帝一直在旁观望,
  And no harm will come to me. 不会让我受到伤害。

v.(尤指鸟)唧唧喳喳的叫
  • The birds chirp merrily at the top of tree.鸟儿在枝头欢快地啾啾鸣唱。
  • The sparrows chirp outside the window every morning.麻雀每天清晨在窗外嘁嘁喳喳地叫。
鸟叫,虫鸣( chirp的第三人称单数 ); 啾; 啾啾
  • The linnet chirps her vernal song. 红雀吱喳鸣叫着她春天的歌。
  • She heard nothing but the chirps and whirrs of insects. 除了虫的鸣叫声外,她什么也没听见。
n.微粒,小污点,小斑点
  • I have not a speck of interest in it.我对它没有任何兴趣。
  • The sky is clear and bright without a speck of cloud.天空晴朗,一星星云彩也没有。
n./adj.深(绯)红色(的);vi.脸变绯红色
  • She went crimson with embarrassment.她羞得满脸通红。
  • Maple leaves have turned crimson.枫叶已经红了。
adj.缺乏的,仅有的,节省的,狭小的,不够的
  • There is scanty evidence to support their accusations.他们的指控证据不足。
  • The rainfall was rather scanty this month.这个月的雨量不足。
n.暮光,黄昏;暮年,晚期,衰落时期
  • Twilight merged into darkness.夕阳的光辉融于黑暗中。
  • Twilight was sweet with the smell of lilac and freshly turned earth.薄暮充满紫丁香和新翻耕的泥土的香味。