时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物


英语课

   THIS BRUTALLY 1 EXECUTED capture was carried out with lightning speed.


  像闪电一般炔,他们粗暴地把我们架进这只潜水船中。
  My companions and I had no time to collect ourselves. I don't know how they felt about being shoved inside this aquatic 2 prison, but as for me, I was shivering all over.
  我的伙伴和我,简直连辨明方向的时间都没有。他们走进这浮动的监牢中,心中会有什么感觉,我可不知道:但我自己却不禁打了个寒战,感觉皮肤都冰凉了。
  With whom were we dealing 3? Surely with some new breed of pirates, exploiting the sea after their own fashion.
  我们跟谁打交道呢?无疑地是跟一些新型的横行海上的海盗打交道。
  The narrow hatch had barely closed over me when I was surrounded by profound darkness. Saturated 4 with the outside light, my eyes couldn't make out a thing.
  我们一进去,上面狭小的盖板立即关上了,四周是漆黑的一团。从光亮的地方,突然进入黑暗中,我的眼睛什么也看不见。
  I felt my naked feet clinging to the steps of an iron ladder.
  我感到我的光脚是紧紧地踩在一架铁梯上。
  Forcibly seized, Ned Land and Conseil were behind me.
  尼德兰和康塞尔,被人们抓得紧紧的,跟在我后面。
  At the foot of the ladder, a door opened and instantly closed behind us with a loud clang.
  铁梯下面一扇门打开了,我们走进去以后,门就立即关上,发出很响亮的声音。
  We were alone. Where? I couldn't say, could barely even imagine.
  关在里面的,现在单单剩下我们了。在什么地方呢?我说不出来,甚至也猜不出来。
  All was darkness, but such utter darkness that after several minutes,
  只见一片漆黑,竟黑到这么一种程度。
  my eyes were still unable to catch a single one of those hazy 5 gleams that drift through even the blackest nights.
  在几分钟后,就是通常在最黑暗的夜间浮来浮去的那种模糊光线,我的眼睛也一点没碰到。

adv.残忍地,野蛮地,冷酷无情地
  • The uprising was brutally put down.起义被残酷地镇压下去了。
  • A pro-democracy uprising was brutally suppressed.一场争取民主的起义被残酷镇压了。
adj.水生的,水栖的
  • Aquatic sports include swimming and rowing.水上运动包括游泳和划船。
  • We visited an aquatic city in Italy.我们在意大利访问过一个水上城市。
n.经商方法,待人态度
  • This store has an excellent reputation for fair dealing.该商店因买卖公道而享有极高的声誉。
  • His fair dealing earned our confidence.他的诚实的行为获得我们的信任。
a.饱和的,充满的
  • The continuous rain had saturated the soil. 连绵不断的雨把土地淋了个透。
  • a saturated solution of sodium chloride 氯化钠饱和溶液
adj.有薄雾的,朦胧的;不肯定的,模糊的
  • We couldn't see far because it was so hazy.雾气蒙蒙妨碍了我们的视线。
  • I have a hazy memory of those early years.对那些早先的岁月我有着朦胧的记忆。
学英语单词