时间:2019-01-27 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物


英语课

   Ned! I exclaimed.


  尼德·兰!我喊。
  In person, sir, and still after his prize! the Canadian replied.
  正是他哩,先生,他是来追他的奖金的!加拿大人答。
  You were thrown overboard after the frigate's collision?
  您也是在战舰被撞的时候被抛人海中的吗?
  Yes, professor, but I was luckier than you, and right away I was able to set foot on this floating islet.
  是的,教授,但情形比您好些,我几乎是立刻就能站立在一个浮动的小岛上了。
  Is let?
  一个小岛吗?
  Or in other words, on our gigantic narwhale.
  或者更正确地说,是站在你的那只巨大的独角鲸上。
  Explain yourself, Ned.
  尼德·兰,请你讲清楚吧。
  It's just that I soon realized why my harpoon 1 got blunted and couldn't puncture 2 its hide.
  不过,我很快就了解我的鱼叉为什么不能伤害它,为什么碰在它表皮上就碰弯了。
  Why, Ned, why?
  为什么呢?尼德·兰,为什么呢?
  Because, professor, this beast is made of boilerplate steel!
  教授,因为那个东西是钢板做的!
  At this point in my story, I need to get a grip on myself, reconstruct exactly what I experienced, and make doubly sure of everything I write.
  到这里,我不能不振作精神,重新回忆一番,并且检查一下自己以前的想法。
  The Canadian's last words caused a sudden upheaval 3 in my brain.
  加拿大人的最后几句话使我心中的想法立即转变了。

n.鱼叉;vt.用鱼叉叉,用鱼叉捕获
  • The harpoon drove deep into the body of the whale.渔叉深深地扎进鲸鱼体内。
  • The fisherman transfixed the shark with a harpoon.渔夫用鱼叉刺住鲨鱼。
n.刺孔,穿孔;v.刺穿,刺破
  • Failure did not puncture my confidence.失败并没有挫伤我的信心。
  • My bicycle had a puncture and needed patching up.我的自行车胎扎了个洞,需要修补。
n.胀起,(地壳)的隆起;剧变,动乱
  • It was faced with the greatest social upheaval since World War Ⅱ.它面临第二次世界大战以来最大的社会动乱。
  • The country has been thrown into an upheaval.这个国家已经陷入动乱之中。