公众人物毕业演讲 第147期:史蒂夫·沃兹尼亚克于加州大学伯克利分校(4)
时间:2018-12-30 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
It's also a time for the formation of your life values
这也是你的人生价值观形成的时期
Your personality kinda solidifies 1 in those early twenties years And that's what you're going to be like for life
你的性格基本上会在二十出头的那几年定形你一辈子可能都会是那个样子
You could probably look at yourself and your personality probably isn't gonna change much from here to there
你也许可以看看你自己和你的性格可能从现在到将来不会有太多的变化了
In my own case, I thought about it intellectually and said my brain can figure things out with logic 2
以我为例 我理智地思考过觉得我的大脑可以用逻辑来解决问题
And I chose truth, to be truthful 3 to people even if you do things that are wrong or against the law
我选择诚实 真诚待人即便你干了错误的或者违法的事情
You will tell your parents and those close to you Be kind to others was another one of my philosophies
你也会告诉你的父母和亲近的人善待他人是我的另一个生活哲学
And help those in need You know, and it's hard because a lot of us forget about it
帮助需要帮助的人这并不容易 因为我们当中的很多人都忘了这一点
A lot of us get successful in life We get money. We get wealth We get fame like I did
我们当中的很多人在生活中取得了成功我们有了钱 有了财富像我一样有了名声
And a lot of people become different people than they were I like the person I was when I graduated Berkeley
很多人变得不再是从前的他们了我喜欢从伯克利毕业时的那个我
I like the person I was when I attended here And you know what?
我喜欢在这儿上学时的那个我你们知道吗
I decided 4 I wannna remain that person for life
我决定我要这一生都保持住那个我
And what would I have done if big successes like Apple hadn't happened
如果像苹果这样巨大的成功没有发生 我会做些什么呢
So that's why I went back I taught elementary schools for eight years secretly, no press
所以我就回去秘密地在小学里教了八年书 没有曝光
That's why I actually came back to Cal to get a college degree
这就是我回到加大拿到大学文凭的原因
I would've gotten that degree if Apple hadn't happened
要是苹果没有出现 我早就拿到这个文凭了
Some misbehavior at this age in your life is great
你们这个年纪有些品行不端的行为没什么不好
Because fun has gotta be a part of your productive life always
因为快乐永远是你们高效生活的一部分
You've got to have relief, you've got to joke with your friends and playing a little pranks 5 that are harmless is pretty nice
你们需要放松 你们需要跟朋友们开玩笑搞点无害的小恶作剧也挺好的
But you know what? A lot of that misbehaviors I spotted in the most creative people in the computer industry that I ever meet
不过你们知道吗 我所见过的品行不端的人中有很多是我在计算机行业当中见过的最有创造力的人
(使)成为固体,(使)变硬,(使)变得坚固( solidify的第三人称单数 ); 使团结一致; 充实,巩固; 具体化
- Jelly solidifies as it gets cold. 肉冻冷却就凝固。
- It is stirred with 10%sodium carbonate solution(50ml)and then with water (50ml), after which It'solidifies. 与10%碳酸钠溶液(50毫升)混合搅拌,然后再用50毫升水混合搅拌,从而析出固体。
n.逻辑(学);逻辑性
- What sort of logic is that?这是什么逻辑?
- I don't follow the logic of your argument.我不明白你的论点逻辑性何在。
adj.真实的,说实话的,诚实的
- You can count on him for a truthful report of the accident.你放心,他会对事故作出如实的报告的。
- I don't think you are being entirely truthful.我认为你并没全讲真话。
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。