ESL杰夫的一天 第83期:开车回家和跑腿讲解(9)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:ESL杰夫的一天
英语课
"Luckily," the supermarket has "a lot of checkout 1 stands open." “所幸的是”,超市的“很多收银台都开放了”。
A checkout stand is the place where you pay for your food. 收银台是你付款的地方。
The verb, to checkout, "checkout," means to leave and to pay. 动词“checkout”是“结账离开”的意思。
We use that verb when we are talking about the supermarket. 我们在谈论超市的时候会使用那个动词。
We also use it when we are talking about a hotel. 我们在谈论旅馆的时候也会使用它。
"I'm going to checkout of the hotel," that means I'm going to leave the hotel and, I hope, pay. “I'm going to checkout of the hotel”,是“我要结账离开旅馆”的意思。
A stand, "stand," here just means the place where you pay for something. “Stand”在这里只是指“结账的地方”。
Well, "I get through the" checkout "line pretty quickly" — very quickly. 好了,“我很快就结了账”。
"I thank the cashier 2," "cashier" — the cashier is the person who takes my money 我跟收银员(cashier)——收款的人
"and the bagger," "bagger" — this is the person who puts your groceries into a bag. 和装袋工(bagger)——把杂货装进袋子里的人道了谢。
In some stores they do not have baggers; you have to bag your groceries yourself. 有些商店没有装袋工;你得自己把杂货装进袋子里。
Notice we use the word bag, "bag," as a verb, meaning to put things into a bag. 注意到我们把“bag”这个词当动词使用,意思是将东西装入袋中。
In American grocery stores you can have either a paper bag or a plastic bag. 在美国杂货店里,你得到的要么是纸袋,要么是塑料袋。
标签:
ESL