ESL杰夫的一天 第88期:做晚饭 吃晚饭和清洗餐具讲解(2)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:ESL杰夫的一天
英语课
Well, "I clean off the kitchen counter after" I put "away the groceries." 好了,“在把食物放好之后我便清理了一下厨房柜台”。
The groceries, "groceries," (plural) are the food that I buy at the market. 杂货(groceries)(复数)是我在超市买的食物。
We sometimes call a supermarket a grocery store, 我们有时把超市称杂货店,
a place that you buy groceries — buy food that you bring home and prepare and eat at home. 你购买杂货的地方——购买你带回去准备在家吃的食物。
I decided 1 "to make pasta." So, "I preheat the oven 2 to 375." 我决定“做意大利面”。因此,“我将烤箱预先加热到375华氏度”。
To preheat, "preheat," really means the same here as to heat, 预热(preheat),在这里和加热的意思相同,
but if you look at the instructions for making food, what we would call the recipe, "recipe," the recipe for making food, 但如果你参看食物制作指南,也就是我们所说的食谱(recipe),
usually it begins, if you are going to cooking something in the oven, by telling you to preheat the oven. 通常会这样开头,在烹饪食物之前先预热烤箱。
That just means to turn it on so that when you are ready, when it is hot, you can put the food in to cook. 这句话的意思就是把它打开,这样当你准备好了、它又是热的时候,你就可以把东西放在里面烹饪。
Pre, "pre," means before or to do something before. “Pre”的意思是“在……前面”或“做某事之前”。
So, "I preheat the oven to 375," in other words, 375 degrees Fahrenheit 3. 因此,“我将烤箱预先加热到375”,也就是375华氏度。
1 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
2 oven
n.烤炉;烤箱
- You put food inside an oven to cook it.你把食物放进烤箱里热一下。
- She baked bread in an oven.她用烤炉烤面包。
3 Fahrenheit
n./adj.华氏温度;华氏温度计(的)
- He was asked for the boiling point of water in Fahrenheit.他被问到水的沸点是华氏多少度。
- The thermometer reads 80 degrees Fahrenheit.寒暑表指出华氏80度。
标签:
ESL