ESL杰夫的一天 第94期:做晚饭 吃晚饭和清洗餐具讲解(8)
时间:2018-12-28 作者:英语课 分类:ESL杰夫的一天
英语课
My wife and I "talk about our long day," meaning we had many things happen today, and maybe we are very tired, so we had a long day. 我妻子和我“聊着我们漫长的一天”,意思是今天我们身上发生了很多事,或者是我们很累,所以这天对我们来说很漫长。
"My wife says that she'll do the dishes." “我妻子说餐具由她来洗”,
To do the dishes means 1 the same as to wash the dishes. “To do the dishes”是“洗碗”是的意思。
My wife offers to "do the dishes" because "I cooked, but of course," since I am a wonderful husband, "I help out by drying" the dishes. 我妻子说她来“洗餐具”,因为饭是我做的,当然由于我是个好丈夫,我会帮忙擦干餐具。
To help out means the same here as to help. “To help out”是“帮忙”的意思。
But if we are talking about helping 2 another person do something, 但如果我们说到帮另一个人做某事,
maybe something that we don't have to do, but we want to be nice, we would say we help them out. 或许不是我们必须要做的某事,但我们想当好人,我们会说我们帮他们的忙。
So, I helped my wife out by drying the dishes. 因此,我帮我妻子擦干餐具。
"First, I have to "put some of the leftovers 3 in a Tupperware container." “首先,我得“把一些吃剩的食物放进特百惠容器里”
Leftovers, "leftovers," (all one word) is extra food — food that you did not eat. 吃剩的食物(leftovers)(一个字)是多余的食物——你没有吃的食物。
1 means
n.方法,手段,折中点,物质财富
- That man used artful means to find out secrets.那人使用狡猾的手段获取机密。
- We must get it done by some means or other.我们总得想办法把它干完。
标签:
ESL