《名人传记》之乔布斯最后一件事124:工作与生活的平衡
英语课
And I said, "really?
我说,"真的吗?"
Really?
"真的。"
You're sure you want To go for a walk?"
"你确定你想要散步?"
We're about halfway 1 to the neighborhood park,
我们走到邻近的公园,
And he stops, you know.
半路上他停下来
He wasn't gasping 2 for air or anything,
他没有大口喘气,也没有别的情况
But he was not a well-looking man,
但是看上去不太好
And I said, "steve, why don't we go back to the house?"
于是我说,"史蒂夫,我们回去吧"
And he smiled or chuckled 3, and he said,
他轻轻的笑着说,
"no. We're not going back to the house.
"不,我们不回去"
"I just need a minute and then we're gonna go on to the park
"只要一分钟就好,走到那个公园
"because that's my goal.
"因为那是我的目标.
"I set a goal every day,
"我每天都给自己设定一个目标
and my goal now Is to get to this park."
今天的目标就是走到那个公园."
I said, "you're sure?" and he said, "yeah."
我说,"你是认真的?" 他说 ,"当然"
So we walked to the park, and, you know, he was fine.
然后我们一起走到那个公园,而且,你知道,他没事
We talked by the way the whole way.
我们一直边走边聊,整个散步的过程中都在聊天
We were doing what he does on walks,
我们跟随他走过的道路,
Which is we were talking about different things,
谈论着各种事情,
And we got to the park, and we sat on a bench,
然后到了公园,坐在一个长凳上
And we talked about in the park,
然后我们聊了很多 在这个公园里,
If I remember correctly,
如果我没记错的话
we actually talked More about life and health and you know,
我们聊了很多关于生命和健康的话题,
I had had a heart attack some years before,
你知道的,多年前我得过心脏病
And he was lecturing me about that,
他用那件事来教训我,
And I was sort of lecturing him, as well,
而我也以此来教训了他
About work/life balance and all these things,
关于工作与生活的平衡之类的问题
And then we got up and walked back
然后我们起身走回去,
And talked some more.
又聊了很多别的事情
And the last thing he said to me was
他对我说的最后一件事情就是
"you know, walt, you and I have been "through lots of adventures over the last 15 years,
"Walt ,你和我在过去15年经历了非常多的冒险"
And we're going to have some more adventures to come."
我们将会一起经历更多的冒险."
We never did.
我们没法实现了.
on october 5, 2011, steve jobs died.
2011年10月5日 史蒂夫乔布斯去世
The next day, his closest friend and colleague 4
第二天,他最亲密的朋友兼同事
Steve wozniak paid his own tribute 5.
史蒂夫沃兹亚克发表了他的个人颂词
1 halfway
adj.中途的,不彻底的,部分的;adv.半路地,在中途,在半途
- We had got only halfway when it began to get dark.走到半路,天就黑了。
- In study the worst danger is give up halfway.在学习上,最忌讳的是有始无终。
2 gasping
轻声地笑( chuckle的过去式和过去分词 )
- She chuckled at the memory. 想起这件事她就暗自发笑。
- She chuckled softly to herself as she remembered his astonished look. 想起他那惊讶的表情,她就轻轻地暗自发笑。