留学生在中国 第16期 Hobbies 兴趣爱好
时间:2018-12-25 作者:英语课 分类:留学生在中国
英语课
Lesson 16 Chinese and American Hobbies
中国人的爱好和美国人的爱好
David:I noticed that your hobbies do not include book reading, painting, poetry, or collecting stamps. Do you think this generation of China is not so interested in traditional hobbies? I find many students in the Internet cafe playing games or chatting online.
我注意到你在谈论个人爱好时没有说到读书,画画,诗歌或者集邮。你是不是觉得现在的年轻人对这些传统东西不再感兴趣了?我看到很多学生在网吧玩游戏,聊天。
You:Yes, but people should not get addicted 1 to the computer. For some people it's too late, they are already lost in cyberspace 2.
人们不应该沉溺于电脑。可对一些人来说已经太晚了,他们已经迷失在虚拟世界里了。
David:I think many students used to read books as a hobby before. Do you think this generation is not reading as many books?
我以前以为很多学生都把读书当作个人爱好。你有没有觉得现在的人不再读那么多书了?
You:Do you think reading books or collecting stamps are sedentary hobbies?
你是不是觉得喜爱读书和集邮的人不太爱运动?
David:They are not active hobbies. They are passive 3. But playing computer game is also sedentary.
那样的爱好就要求人们静下来呀,电脑游戏也属于这种。
You:Yes. Your body is passive, but your mind is very active.
玩电脑游戏的时候,你的身体是静止的,但你的思维很活跃。
David:Well, what do you know about American hobbies?
你了解美国人有什么爱好吗?
You:I know about baseball and basketball … Americans like to travel.
我知道有棒球,篮球……美国人喜欢旅行。
David:Yes. There are many hobbies in the United States.
是的,在美国人们有很多爱好。
You:I have heard that American children like to ski.
我听说美国孩子喜欢滑雪。
David:Among the younger people in America, sports are still a very popular hobby. Other popular hobbies include reading books, watching TV, and some other traditional kinds of hobbies.
美国的年轻人中还是有很多人把运动作为一项爱好的。其他的爱好还有读书,看电视和其他一些传统爱好。
1 addicted
adj.沉溺于....的,对...上瘾的
- He was addicted to heroin at the age of 17.他17岁的时候对海洛因上了瘾。
- She's become addicted to love stories.她迷上了爱情小说。
2 cyberspace
n.虚拟信息空间,网络空间,计算机化世界
- She travels in cyberspace by sending messages to friends around the world.她利用电子空间给世界各地的朋友们发送信件。
- The teens spend more time in cyberspace than in the real world of friends and family.青少年花费在电脑上的时间比他们和真正的朋友及家人在一起的时间要多。