留学生在中国 第9期 Haunted House鬼屋
时间:2019-02-27 作者:英语课 分类:留学生在中国
英语课
Chapter 9 Haunted 1 Houses and Burning Money.
鬼屋和烧纸钱。
David:There are so many haunted houses in the Halloween.
万圣节里有好多鬼屋。
You:I have never been to a haunted house.It must be scary 2.
我从来没有到过鬼屋,一定很吓人。
David:Oh, maybe you wouldn't like it.
哦,可能你不太喜欢。
You:I don't like that kind of thing. I like to watch scary movies, but I don't like to go to haunted houses.
我不太喜欢那样的东西。我虽然喜欢看恐怖电影,但是我不喜欢去鬼屋。
David:In fact, they are not haunted.
实际上,这里并没有鬼。
You:I know that. They are just people there who pretend 3 to be ghosts.
我也知道,是有人在那儿装鬼吓人。
David:Some people enjoy thing scary. Visiting a haunted house is one way. Another way for people to get scared is to go on a roller coast ride. A roller coast goes up and down in a circle, and it is very scary.
有些人喜欢恐怖的东西,到鬼屋去是一种方式,另外一种方式是坐过山车。过山车在铁轨上上上下下翻滚,因此很恐怖。
You:Yeah, I have heard that.
是的,我听说了。
David:I mean, many people like it. Is it popular in China?
我是说,许多人都很喜欢。这在中国也很流行吗?
No, we don't really have this in China. We do have a Halloween now. QingMing is a holliday in April.
不,我们这里这类东西不多。我们这里也有一个鬼节,就是四月份的清明节。
You:People make paper houses or paper ghost. They set them on fire as a gife for those who died.
人们会造纸房子和纸鬼,把它们放在火里烧,当成是给死人的礼物。
David:What was the day? what was it called?
这是什么节日,叫什么名字?
You:It's called QingMing in Chinese, the tomb-sweeping day. QingMing is a day for meople's making paper things and burn them to gieve them to the dead.
清明节,也就是扫墓节。这一天人们用纸糊成各种东西,烧给死去的人。
David:Oh, I see.
哦,原来这样。
adj.闹鬼的;受到折磨的;令人烦恼的v.“haunt”的过去式和过去分词
- There was a haunted look in his eyes. 他眼中透露出忧虑的神色。
- The country is haunted by the spectre of civil war. 内战仿佛一触即发,举国上下一片恐慌。
a.引起惊慌的;害怕的
- What animal do you think is the most scary?你认为什么动物最可怕?
- Are you afraid of scary movies?你害怕恐怖电影吗?