背诵为王 第 二 册 第 39 课
时间:2018-12-08 作者:英语课 分类:背诵为王第二册
Lesson39 Writing 1 the Name Backwards 2
The other day a man named William Smith went to a police 3 station. He wantedto get a license 4 to drive a car.Behind the desk in the police station sat 5 apolice captain 6. He was 7 not a very polite 8 man.“I would 9 like to get alicense to drive a car,” said 10 Mr. Smith in a low 11 voice 12. “You have tofill out this card first,” said the police captain. He threw a smallwhite card in Mr. Smith's direction 13. “Put your name at the top.” “Inink?” asked Mr. Smith very politely 14. “Of course 15, in ink!” said thepolice captain. “Put your last name first and your first name last.”
“How's that?” said Smith. He did 16 not understand the police captain.“Write your name backwards. Your last name first and your first name last. BACKWARDS!” “Backwards?” “That's right. That's just what I said!”
Slowly 17, carefully 18 Mr. Smith began to write. It seemed 19 a little strange 20 tohim. But the police captain must know what was correct 21. Mr. Smith wrotehis name: HTIMS MAILLIW.
police captain 警官
backwards ? 向后地,相反地
倒着写名字
有一天,警察局来了个叫威廉姆•史密斯的人。他想办一张驾驶汽车的驾驶证。
警察局里办公桌后坐着一位警官。他不是个很客气的人。
“我想办张汽车驾驶证”,史密斯先生低声说。
“首先你必须填好这张卡,”警官说。他朝史密斯先生的方向扔过来一张白色的小卡片。“顶端填写你的姓名。”
“用墨水填?”史密斯先生很礼貌地问。
“当然,用墨水!”警官说,“先写姓,后写名。”
“怎么填?”史密斯说。他不明白负责人的意思。
“从后往前写姓名。姓在前,名在后。倒着写!”
“倒着写?”
“对。我就是这样说的!”
史密斯先生开始慢慢地、仔细地填写。他觉得这有点奇怪。但警官肯定知道怎么填写才是正确的。史密斯先生写下了他的姓名: HTIMS MAILLIW。
- I am also writing a short story.我也写短篇小说。
- Do you like writing for children?你愿意为儿童写作吗?
- He turned on the light and began to pace backwards and forwards.他打开电灯并开始走来走去。
- All the girls fell over backwards to get the party ready.姑娘们迫不及待地为聚会做准备。
- They sent him over to the police.他们将他遣送警察局。
- It took the police only several days to break the case.警察只用了几天就破案了。
- The foreign guest has a license on the person.这个外国客人随身携带执照。
- The driver was arrested for having false license plates on his car.司机由于使用假车牌而被捕。
- He sat on a chair.他坐在椅子上。
- The mother sat by the sick child all night long.妈妈整夜守在生病的孩子身旁。
- Have you seen our captain?你看到队长了吗?
- The captain sailed his ship through the narrow channel.船长驾驶他的船穿过了狭窄的航道。
- It's not polite to stare at a girl in the face.盯着姑娘的脸瞧是不礼貌的。
- She is a polite girl.她是一个文雅的姑娘。
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
- Your price is too low.你们的价格太低。
- This is a small and low house.这是一个小而低矮的房子。
- Her voice was music to my ears.她的声音听起来就像音乐。
- That song doesn't suit her voice.那首歌不适合她的嗓子。
- In which direction did he go?他朝哪个方向去了?
- He looked in that direction and saw an airplane.他朝那个方向看,看见了一架飞机。
- He has a politely diffident manner.他的态度是客气中带有羞怯。
- He cannot refuse if you ask politely.如果你客气一点的话,他是不会拒绝的。
- The college course was then cut to three years.大学学制那时缩短到三年。
- Of course,I don't always sleep in the afternoons.当然,我并不总是在下午睡觉。
- How many goals did you score in the last game?上一场比赛你们进了几个球?
- Why did you choose basketball in the first place?你为何首先选择篮球呢?
- If you watch carefully you will see how to do it. 如果你仔细观察,你就会看出如何做此事了。
- Now listen carefully everybody.请大家仔细地听。