背诵为王 第 一 册 第 23 课
时间:2018-12-08 作者:英语课 分类:背诵为王第一册
23 “I Have Never Heard You in Carmen”
Mark 1 Twain was 2 once invited 4 by a friend to go to the opera 5. The friend wasvery rich. He and his wife 6 had 7 their own 8 box at the theatre 9. During 10 the operathe friend's wife talked all the time. She also talked rather 11 loudly. Shetalked so much that it was often difficult for Mark Twain to listen to theopera. Toward 12 the end of the opera she turned to Mark Twain and said 13, "Oh, mydear Mark Twain, I do want you to be with us again next Friday night. I'm sureyou will like it — the opera will be Carmen.""Thank you very much,"said Mark Twain. "That will be fine. I have never heardyou in Carmen."
Carmen 《卡门》(歌剧名)
invite 3 邀请
opera 歌剧
box 包厢
theatre 剧场,戏院
“我还从未听过你唱卡门”
有一次,一个朋友邀请马克?吐温去看歌剧。这个朋友很有钱。他和他的妻子在剧院有自己的包厢。看歌剧时,朋友的妻子一直在说话。她说话的声音还挺大。她的话那么多,马克?吐温根本听不清歌剧。
歌剧临近结束时,她转而对马克?吐温说:“噢,我亲爱的马克?吐温,我真的想让你再和我们一起度过下周五。我保证你会喜欢的——下周的歌剧是《卡门》。”
“非常感谢,”马克?吐温说。“想来会很好。我还从未听过你唱《卡门》。”
- Put a question mark at the end of that sentence.在那个句末划一个问号。
- Mark the wrong word with a circle.把错字圈起来。
- We'd better not invite him.我们最好不要邀请他。
- They invite us to have dinner.我们邀请他们去电影院。
- He hoped they would not feel affronted if they were not invited . 他希望如果他们没有获得邀请也不要感到受辱。
- They only invited Jack and Sarah as an afterthought . 他们邀请杰克和萨拉不过是事后想起的补救办法。
- She is my wife.她是我妻子。
- He is a tall man but his wife is a short woman.他是个子很高的男人,但他妻子很矮。
- I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
- The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。
- Shall we go to the theatre this evening?我们今晚去看戏好吗?
- During our visit to London we often went to the theatre.我们在伦敦逗留时常去看戏。
- What did you do with yourself during the summer holidays?暑假你是怎样度过的?
- London is full of visitors during May and June.五六月间伦敦挤满了游客。
- I would rather go out tonight,if you don't mind. 如果你不介意的话,我宁愿今晚出去。
- This book is rather too easy for this boy.这本书对于这个孩子来说太简单。