双语有声阅读:在邮局
时间:2019-03-10 作者:英语课 分类:双语有声阅读
英语课
At the Post Office
在邮局
This was 1 what happened to a Frenchman 2 who lived in England
这是一个发生在居住英国的
and didn't know English very well.
而英语不太好的法国人身上的故事。
One day,he went into a post office with his letter.
一天他去邮局寄信
He bought a stamp and gave 3 it together with his letter,
他买了一张邮票,将邮票和信一起
to the girl at the counter 4.
交给了柜台前的小姐。
"Oh,no."the girl said,"You must stick 5 the stamp on yourself 6."
"哦,不,"小姐说,"你必须自己贴上邮票。"
The Frenchman was very surprised 7.He could 8 not believe 9 his ears.
这个法国人非常惊讶,他不相信自己的耳朵。
He said,"I want to post my letter,not myself 10.
他说:"我要寄的是信,而不是我自己。
Why must I stick the stamp on myself?"The girl smiled and answered,
为什么要在我自己身上贴上邮票?"
"I mean that you must stick the stamp on the envelope 11 and must do it yourself
小姐笑着说:"我的意思是你必须自己把邮票贴在信封上。"
n.法国人(男) (复 Frenchmen)
- John's house was sold to a Frenchman.约翰的房子卖给了一个法国人。
- He speaks French well enough to pass for a Frenchman.他说法语很流利,很容易被当作法国人。
vbl.(give的过去式)给予,产生,发表
- He asked for money and I gave him some.他要钱,我给了他一些。
- I gave you a map so you wouldn't get lost. 我给你一张地图,这样你就不会迷路了。
n.柜台;计数器;adj.相反的;adv.与…相反地;vt.反对,反击;vi.反对,反击
- This counter is closed now.这个柜台现在已停止营业。
- Set the counter to zero and you'll know where the recording starts.把计数器拨到零,你就会知道录音从哪儿开始。
n.枝,杆,手杖;vt.插于,刺入,竖起;vi.钉住,粘贴,坚持
- A walking stick is a must for me now.如今我行走离不开手杖了。
- To stick a stamp on an envelope.在信封上贴邮票。
pron.你自己
- I need you to do it yourself.我要你亲自做。
- Late again,Tom?I hope you can explain yourself.汤姆,又迟到了?我希望你能说明理由。
adj.感到惊讶的,感到惊奇的
- Is that anything to be surprised at?那有什么可怪的?
- The news greatly surprised us.这消息使我们非常惊异。
v.能,可能(can的过去式);aux.v.(can的过去式)能;可以
- Could I open the window?我可以打开窗子吗?
- I could wait ten minutes.我可以等十分钟。
v.相信;认为
- Believe it or not,that's the way it is.信不信由你,反正事情就是这样。
- I believe what you say.我相信你的话。
pron.我自己
- Should I do it myself?我应该自己做吗?
- I woke up to find myself in the hospital.我醒来发现自己在医院里。