欧美人文风情第351篇:过年的尴尬问题
时间:2019-03-02 作者:英语课 分类:欧美人文风情
英语课
Oh, my gosh! I'm so excited for Chinese New Year! 天啊!要过年了,我好兴奋!
Didn't you have fun last year? I took you to meet my family. Yes? 你去年不是玩得很开心吗?我带你去见我的家人了,对吧?
No. It was a disaster.?I mean, I started messing up right from the start. 不,那是场大灾难。我是说,我从一开始就搞砸了。
Shoes...off. Hi, I'm Lili's mother. Hello, Lili. 鞋子...脱掉。嗨,我是丽丽的妈妈。哈喽,丽丽。
Hi! You no touching 1 my wife! 嗨!不准动我老婆!
Yeah, sorry, I forgot to tell you that we don't really hug in our family. 对啦,抱歉,我忘了跟你说我家不来拥抱那一套。
But at least you got a red envelope. 可是至少你有收到一个红包啊。
He don't understand our culture. Here, take this hong bao. 他又不懂我们的文化。来来,收下这个红包。
Yeah, and then your mom asked us a ton of awesome 2 questions and, like, totally embarrassed you. 是啊,然后你妈就问我们一堆不得了的问题,让你尴尬得要命。
You so thin. You should eat more.By the way, how much money you making? 你够瘦的,要多吃点。对了,你赚多少钱啊?
Uh, I'm in the 15 to 85 thousand range. 呃,我的薪水大概在一万五千到八万五千之间。
Uh, well, that's too bad.But you're welcome anyway. 呃,这样啊,那还真糟。不过还是欢迎你来。
And you know, um, this is Lili's father. You already met him.Um, this is Lili's auntie...Cici.Hi! 这是丽丽的爸爸,你已经见过他了。这是丽丽的阿姨...希希。你好!
And this is her cousin Tingting from China. 这是她的表妹婷婷,从中国来的。
And you getting so fat,liili. I think that's why you don't get a good man. 丽丽,你这么胖了。我想你就是那样才找不到好男人的。
I mean, look at Tingting! She's so wonder...so beautiful and so talent. Tingting, play us something, play us something. 我说呀,看看人家婷婷!她多棒...又漂亮又有才华。婷婷啊,给我们表演点儿什么吧。
Yeah, yeah. I guess Tingting was like the "ideal 3 daughter" or whatever. 对啦,对啦。我想婷婷就像是“完美女儿”还是什么。
And then there were more awkward 4 questions. 然后还有更多尴尬的问题。
So, how long you two have been "friends"?And will you get married soon and buy big house? 那么,你们两个“交朋友”多久啦?你们会很快结婚然后买大房子吗?
Don't ask too many questions. You're going to scare him. 不要问太多问题啦。你会吓跑他的。
But, you know, how much money you make exactly? 可是,你的薪水究竟是多少啊?
Yeah, that...But anyway, don't you wanna see my sweet auntie Cici and have her famous dumplings again? 嗯,那件事啊...不过不管啦,你不想看到我亲切的希希阿姨,然后吃她拿手的饺子吗?
Auntie made dumplings.They look like gold ingots, 阿姨包了饺子喔。饺子长得像金元宝,
so they symbolize 5 wealth and good fortune.Money...Dumplings... 所以它们象征财富和好运。钱钱... 饺子...
Sweet auntie Cici? Yeah. 亲切的希希阿姨?对啊。
She almost killed me with her knife! 她差点用她那把刀杀了我耶!
Chop 6, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop...Oops!Dumplings? 我剁我剁我剁...哎呦!来点饺子吗?
Oh, come on!Let's just say that she has some sharp knife skills, huh? Huh? 噢,拜托!我们姑且说她刀工犀利了点儿,如何?如何?
But you know what, though? You should be glad you got to hear my dad's stories. 可是你知道吗?你应该要很高兴听我爸的故事。
He only tells stories to people he likes. 他只会对有好感的人说故事喔。
When I your age, I climb down the mountain;I swim across the lake;I even walk 15 miles... 我在你这年纪的时候啊,我爬下山;我游过湖;我甚至走十五英里...
Every day! ...every day to school. To getting the education, you know. 每天喔!...每天那样到学校。你知道,为了受教育啊。
That's not how I would describe it.I think it went a little more like this. 我可不会那样形容。我想情况比较像这样。
When the gweilo, you come to my village, we cut... 洋鬼子来的时候,你们来到我村子,我们砍...
Always drink too much. 老是喝太多。
Okay, but I guess there was one thing I said that totally impressed all of them and totally made up for all my blunders 7. 嗯,不过我想我有说一句话让大家完全印象深刻,而且全盘弥补了我犯的错。
Fish in Chinese sounds the same as abundance 8! 中文的鱼听起来就像有“余”!
Nian nian you yu! 年年有余!
Uh...excuse me! That's totally not what appened. 呃...不好意思!事情完全不是那样。
Fish in Chinese sounds the same as abundance! 中文的鱼听起来就像有“余”!
Nian...nian...you...yu! 年...黏...忧...郁!
adj.令人惊叹的,难得吓人的,很好的
- The church in Ireland has always exercised an awesome power.爱尔兰的教堂一直掌握着令人敬畏的权力。
- That new white convertible is totally awesome.那辆新的白色折篷汽车简直棒极了.
adj.理想的,完美的;空想的,观念的;n.理想
- The weather at the seaside was ideal—bright and breezy.海边的天气最宜人,风和日丽的。
- They promised to be faithful to their ideal for ever. 他们保证永远忠于自己的理想。
adj.笨拙的,尴尬的,使用不便的,难处理的
- John is so shy and awkward that everyone notices him.约翰如此害羞狼狈,以至于大家都注意到了他。
- I was the only man among the guests and felt rather awkward.作为客人中的唯一男性,我有些窘迫。
vt.作为...的象征,用符号代表
- Easter eggs symbolize the renewal of life.复活蛋象征新生。
- Dolphins symbolize the breath of life.海豚象征着生命的气息。
n.厚肉片,排骨,砍,交换,戳记,商标;vt.剁碎,砍,切,割断;vi.砍,突然转向
- He struck off the branch with a single chop of the ax.他一斧子就砍掉了那根树枝。
- She cut down the seedling with one chop.她一刀就把小苗砍倒了。
(因无知、粗心等造成)的错误( blunder的名词复数 )
- At the examination he made several glaring blunders,and that did for him. 他在考试中出了几个大错,这下就完了。
- If (one was) overwhelmed by passion, it could lead to serious blunders. 当感情完全淹没理智时,就可能铸成大错。
标签:
人文风情