蒙面侠佐罗 第9章:面具后面的人(1)
英语课
Chapter Nine: The Man behind the Mask
第九章:面具后面的人
The soldiers follow Zorro all night. They cannot capture him.
士兵整夜都跟着佐罗。他们捉不到他。
The next night Zorro silently enters the Governor's home.
第二天晚上,佐罗悄悄地进入总督的家。
He wants to talk to the Governor and Captain Ramon. They are sitting near the fire.
他想和总督和拉蒙队长谈谈。他们坐在火炉旁。
Zorro enters and says, "Don't move and don't make a noise. I want to speak to you.”
佐罗靠近他们说:“不要动,不要发出声音。我想和你谈一下。”
He has a pistol in one hand and a sword in the other.
他手中有一支手枪,另一只手中有一把剑。
"Zorro! Why are you here?" asks the Governor. "You are here to die!” says Captain Ramon.
“佐罗!你为什么在这里?问总督。“你会死在这里的!”拉蒙队长说。
"No," answers Zorro, "I am here to bring justice. I am here to learn the truth.
“不,”佐罗回答说,“我在这里是为了带来正义。我在这里是为了真相。
Governor, you want to punish the Pulido family. Why?"
总督,你想惩罚普利多家庭。为什么?”
"They are traitors 1. They are your friends, Zorro! They help you.
“他们是叛徒,他们是你的朋友,佐罗!他们帮助你,
Your friends are my enemies," says the Governor.
你的朋友是我的敌人,”总督说。
"They are not traitors. They do not help me. They are not my friends," he says.
“他们不是叛徒,他们不帮助我,他们不是我的朋友,”他说。
"Look at this letter. It accuses them," says the Governor.
“看看这封信,它指责他们,”总督说。
Zorro reads the letter and says, "It is Captain Ramon's letter. He accuses the Pulido family.”
佐罗看完这封信说:“这是拉蒙队长的信。他指责普利多家族。
Zorro looks at the Captain and says, "Captain, you are a liar 2 but I am here to punish you.
佐罗看着队长说:“队长,你是一个骗子,我是来惩罚你的,
Tell the Governor the truth about the Pulido family.”
并且告诉州长普利多家族的真相。”
卖国贼( traitor的名词复数 ); 叛徒; 背叛者; 背信弃义的人
- Traitors are held in infamy. 叛徒为人所不齿。
- Traitors have always been treated with contempt. 叛徒永被人们唾弃。