【大家说英语】穿戴科技
英语课
Lesson 4 Technology
第四课 科技
December 8
12月8日
You Can Wear Technology!
穿戴科技!
Read it!
读读看!
Rob 1 has a new watch.
罗柏有一支新表,
But it's not a boring, regular watch.
但那不是支无趣、普通的表。
It gets a signal 2 from his phone when he gets a text.
当他收到简讯时,手表会从手机得到信号。
That's a pretty cool kind of technology!
这个科技还蛮酷的!
These days you can wear technology.
如今你是可以把科技穿戴在身上,
Some kinds of jewelry 3, clothes and shoes help you do things.
有一些珠宝、衣服和鞋子能帮助你执行一些事情,
It sounds like science fiction!
听起来有点像科幻小说!
Conversation A
会话A
Hi, Rob. What are you working on?
嗨,罗柏,你在忙什么?
I'm working on a report about technology.
我正在作一篇有关科技的报导。
Technology? What kind of technology?
科技? 什么样的科技?
Technology that you can wear!
那种你可以穿戴的科技!
That sounds like science fiction!
那听起来很像科幻小说!
It's real! Look at my new watch.
是真的! 你看我的新手表。
It looks nice.
看起来很棒。
It tells time.
它显示时间;
But it also tells me if I get a text on my phone!
但是如果我的手机收到简讯,它也会告诉我!
穿戴科技
Conversation B
会话B
What?! How can a watch do that?
什么?手表怎么能做到这样?
When my phone gets a text, it sends my watch a signal.
当我的手机收到简讯,它就会送讯号给我的手表。
Cool! Can your watch send texts?
厉害!那你的手表可以传简讯吗?
No. But some watches can!
不行,但是有些手表可以!
Wow! Now my watch seems a little boring!
哇!现在我的手表看来有点无趣了。
This watch is pretty convenient 4.
这支手表还蛮方便的。
Was it really expensive?
很贵吗?
It was expensive for a watch.
以手表来说算是贵的,
But it was cheaper than my phone!
但是比我的手机便宜!
Conversation C
会话C
Is your report just about that watch?
你的报导只是关于那支表吗?
No. I'm also talking about other things.
不是,我也谈论其他的东西。
Like what?
例如说?
Well, you can find technology in all kinds of things these days.
嗯,好比说现今科技藏身在各种物品里面。
Jewelry, clothing, shoes . . .
珠宝、衣服、鞋子…
Really? Technology is everywhere!
真的吗?科技实在无所不在!
People don't really need all of it, though.
然而,人们并不真的需要这所有的科技。
True.
没错。
I'd like a watch like yours, but there's nothing wrong with mine!
我想要一支像你那样的表,但是我的表也没什么不好!
v.抢劫;vi.抢劫,盗窃;vt.非法剥夺,使丧失,抢劫
- Two men formed a plot to rob the bank.两人制定了抢劫那家银行的秘密计划。
- They were scheming to rob the bank.他们在密谋抢劫银行。
n.信号,暗号
- This is a signal failure.这是明显的失败。
- A train must not pass a signal that is at danger.火车切不可越过危险信号。
n.(jewllery)(总称)珠宝
- The burglars walked off with all my jewelry.夜盗偷走了我的全部珠宝。
- Jewelry and lace are mostly feminine belongings.珠宝和花边多数是女性用品。
adj.便利的,方便的
- I have to find a convenient location for the shelves.我得找一合适的地方放这些书架。
- Come at any time that is convenient to you.你哪会儿方便就哪会儿来吧。