英语美文:成为更有爱心的人
英语课
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,
But on earth indifference 1 is the least
可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧
We have to dread 2 from man or beast.
人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。
How should we like it were stars to burn
倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,
With a passion for us we could not return?
我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?
If equal affection cannot be, 倘若无法产生同样的感情,
Let the more loving one be me. 让我成为更有爱心的人。
Admirer as I think I am 尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,
Of stars that do not give a damn, 它们满不在乎,
I cannot, now I see them ,say 现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,
I missed one terribly all day. 说我成天思念一颗星星。
Were all stars to disappear or die 倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,
I should learn to look at an empty sky 我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,
And feel its total dark sublime 3, 同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,
Though this might take me a little time. 虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。
n.不感兴趣,不关心,冷淡,不在乎
- I was disappointed by his indifference more than somewhat.他的漠不关心使我很失望。
- He feigned indifference to criticism of his work.他假装毫不在意别人批评他的作品。
vt.担忧,忧虑;惧怕,不敢;n.担忧,畏惧
- We all dread to think what will happen if the company closes.我们都不敢去想一旦公司关门我们该怎么办。
- Her heart was relieved of its blankest dread.她极度恐惧的心理消除了。
标签:
英语美文