“非主流”地道口语
英语课
如果把一个方形的盒子放在一个圆形的容器里,两者肯定是不能完全契合了。这就是我们所说的“格格不入”。今天,我们就来总结一下英语里这个词的地道表达。
1. His appearance here is like a square peg 1 in a round hole。
他在这里出现,显得有些格格不入。
2. She is out of step with modern life。
她与现代生活格格不入。
3. Dishonesty is foreign/alien to his nature。
弄虚作假与他的本性水火不容。
4. Underhand work of that sort is against the grain with me。
这种欺诈的勾当跟我格格不入。
5. He felt he did not belong among those people。
他觉得和那些人格格不入。
6. His ideas were out of tune 2 with the period in which he lived。
他的思想与他所处的那个时代格格不入。
7. As a non-golfer, I felt like a fish out of water at the clubhouse。
我不会打高尔夫,因而在俱乐部觉得有些格格不入。
8. I never fit in at school。
我在学校一直都格格不入。
n.木栓,木钉;vt.用木钉钉,用短桩固定
- Hang your overcoat on the peg in the hall.把你的大衣挂在门厅的挂衣钩上。
- He hit the peg mightily on the top with a mallet.他用木槌猛敲木栓顶。
标签:
口语