癌症患者被误诊 临终捐赠赔偿金
英语课
A terminal cancer sufferer has given thousands of pounds in compensation to the hospital which failed to diagnose her condition.
近日,一名晚期癌症患者临终前将医院赔偿款中的上千英镑捐给医院,虽然医院曾对她的病情诊断失误。
Jemma Irwin, 39, died earlier this month from cervical cancer.
今年39岁的杰玛·欧文于本月初因宫颈癌病逝。
Southend Hospital accepted her "poor experiences" of care and a compensation payout of ?320,000 was agreed.
绍森德医院承认之前对杰玛的错误治疗,并同意赔偿32万英镑。
Miss Irwin gave money to specialist radiotherapy and counselling units at the hospital before she died in a gesture her mother said was "brave".
杰玛临终前,决定捐些钱给医院的放射治疗和咨询科,她母亲称她很“勇敢”。
Her mother, Erika, said: "I'm sure it will make a difference to the cancer unit. That's something Jemma would have wanted".
杰玛母亲艾瑞卡说:“我觉得这样做会让癌症中心大变样,这也是杰玛所希望的。”
Southend Hospital's chief nurse Sue Hardy 1 described Miss Irwin as "an extremely courageous 2 woman".
绍森德医院的护士长苏·哈代形容杰玛是“一位非常勇敢的女性”。
"Despite her initial poor experiences [she] went on to praise and even support the care she received here at Southend Hospital working with us to ensure her feedback was taken on board.
“虽然刚开始医院有失误,但她没有计较,继续赞扬并配合我们的治疗,以确保她的反馈得到接纳。”
"Her generosity 3 included making donations to our brachytherapy and oncology fundraising appeals for which we are extremely grateful.
“她还捐钱给我们的放射肿瘤科,她的慷慨令我们非常感激。”
"We would like to offer our sincere condolences to Jemma's family at this very sad time," Ms Hardy added.
护士长哈代女士还称:“在这令人难过的日子里,我们向杰玛的家人表示我们诚挚的哀悼。”
adj.勇敢的,果断的,吃苦的;耐寒的
- The kind of plant is a hardy annual.这种植物是耐寒的一年生植物。
- He is a hardy person.他是一个能吃苦耐劳的人。
adj.勇敢的,有胆量的
- We all honour courageous people.我们都尊重勇敢的人。
- He was roused to action by courageous words.豪言壮语促使他奋起行动。
n.大度,慷慨,慷慨的行为
- We should match their generosity with our own.我们应该像他们一样慷慨大方。
- We adore them for their generosity.我们钦佩他们的慷慨。
标签:
新闻