公司里的着装问题
英语课
两位公司同事Kara和Betty在讨论公司的着装改动问题。
Kara: Good morning, Betty. The coffee's fresh. Would you like a cup?
早呀,Betty, 刚煮好的咖啡,来一杯吗?
Betty: Sure would! Hey, have you heard about the new company policy?
好啊!嗨,有没有听说公司的新规定?
Kara: Yeah. We all have to wear a company uniform starting next month. I'm not sure I go for the idea.
是的。下个月我们都开始穿公司制服。我不太赞同这种做法。
Betty: Oh, but you haven't seen it. It's a smart- looking pant 1 suit and complementary blouse, and a pair of stylish 2 dress shoes.
哦,我想你还没有见过。是非常漂亮的长裤西服配衬衫,和时装鞋。
Kara: Sounds interesting. Maybe it'll be OK after all. What about the men? Has the policy been changed for them, too?
听起来蛮有意思。也许穿上去会很不错吧。男士的呢?对于男士着装的要求有变动吗?
Betty: Not really. They already have to wear a suit and tie, anyway.
没什么变动。他们还是穿西服打领带。
Kara: Yeah, that's right. Anyway, there's one thing I heard about the new policy that I liked right away.
好的,无论怎样我觉得这种新的规定中有一点我是喜欢的。
Betty: Which one is that?
哪一点?
Kara: Casual Fridays! Then I can wear jeans and sneakers.
周五休闲装!这样我就可以穿牛仔裤和运动鞋了。
Betty: Ha! I knew you were a non-conformist at heart!
我就知道你并不是那种墨守陈规的人。
n.喘息,悸动;vt.气喘吁吁地说;vi.喘息,渴望;adj.裤子的
- You pant after running hard for a time.拼命跑一阵后便会觉得气短。
- When he bent over,he split his pant.他一弯腰就把裤裆裂开了。
标签:
职场英语