公众人物毕业演讲 第268期:米歇尔2013东肯塔基大学9
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
And so today, in the spirit of my daughter's question
今天 本着我女儿这一问题的精神
I want to pose 1 a few questions of my own as you begin the next chapter of your lives
对于你们人生的下一篇章 我还想问一些问题
And my first question is, who are you gonna be?
我的第一个问题是 你将成为谁
And if you'll notice, I'm not asking what are you gonna do
注意了 我这里没有问 你将要做什么
but who are you gonna be?
而是你要成为谁
I'm asking you about how you plan to live your life every day
我问的是 你计划今后每天要如何过生活
How are you gonna respond when you don't get that job you had your heart set on?
当你没有得到心仪工作时 你的反应会是怎样的
For all of you are gonna be teachers, what are you gonna do
对于想成为老师的那些人 如果你课上的学生
if the students in your class next year just don't respond to your lessons?
第二年不再对你的课作出响应 你会怎么办
For all of you going into business
对于那些要经商的人
how will you react when your boss gives you a goal that feels way too high?
如果老板为你定的目标实在太高 你会如何反应
See these are the moments that define 2 us
这些就是定义我们的时时刻刻
Not the day you get the promotion 3
它不是你获得晋升的那一天
not the day you win teacher of the year
不是你获得年度教师称号的那一天
but the times that force you to claw and scratch
而是迫使你摸爬滚打的那些时光
and fight just to get through the day
以及努力奋斗 试图度过难关的那些日子
the moments when you get knocked down
当你被击倒的时候
and you're wondering whether it's even worth it to get back up
当你甚至怀疑是否值得重新站起来的时候
See, those are the times when you've got to ask yourself who am I gonna be?
这些就是你要问自己"我要成为谁"这一问题的时候
vt.造成,陈述;vi.摆姿势,装腔作势;n.姿势
- He sat in a relaxed pose.他轻松自如地坐着。
- He always strikes such a dignified pose before his girlfriend.他总是在女友面前摆出这种庄严的姿态。
vt.解释,下定义,阐述,限定,规定
- Please define the words.请解释这些字的意义。
- It's hard to define exactly what has changed.很难解释清楚到底发生了什么变化。
标签:
公众人物