公众人物毕业演讲第294期:奥巴马2013莫尔豪斯学院19
时间:2019-02-16 作者:英语课 分类:公众人物毕业演讲
英语课
Muslim Americans feel it when they're.
美国穆斯林也有这种感受.
Stared at with suspicion because of their faith.
总有人因为信仰问题用怀疑的眼光盯着他们.
Any woman who knows the injustice 1 of earning less pay for doing the same work.
做同样工作 但收入不如男性多的女性.
She knows what it's like to be on the outside looking in.
同样也知道局外人的感受.
Your experiences give you special insight.
你们的经历 为你们提供了特别的见地.
That today's leaders need.
这是今天的领袖所必需的.
If you tap into that experience, it should endow you with empathy.
深入挖掘这种经历 它会让你富有同情心.
the understanding of what it's like to walk in somebody else's shoes.
让你能对别人的感受感同身受.
To see through their eyes.
通过人们的眼睛看见人们的内心.
To know what it's like when you're not born on 3rd base, thinking you hit a triple.
让你知道出身贫贱却想成功会有多难.
It should give you the ability to connect.
它会赋予你换位思考的能力.
It should give you a sense of compassion 2 and what it means to overcome barriers.
它会赋予同情之心 告诉你什么叫克服障碍.
And I will tell you, class of 2013, whatever success I have achieved.
我要告诉你们 2013届毕业生 不管我取得了什么成就.
Whatever positions of leadership I have held.
不管我手中握有怎样的领导权.
Have depended less on ivy 3 league degrees or sat scores or gpas.
最重要的 并不是因为常春藤盟校学位或高考和大学成绩.
And have instead been due to that sense of connection and empathy.
最重要的是这种换位思考和同理心.
The special obligation I felt as a black man like you.
是我和你们一样 作为一名黑人的特殊责任感.
To help those who need it most.
去帮助那些最需要帮助的人.
People who didn't have the opportunities that I had.
帮助那些没有我这样机会的人.
Because there but for the grace of god go I.
如果不是上帝恩典.
I might have been in their shoes.
我可能和他们一样.
I might have been in prison.
我可能被捕入狱.
I might have been unemployed 4.
我可能失业.
I might not have been able to support a family.
我可能无法支撑一个家庭.
n.非正义,不公正,不公平,侵犯(别人的)权利
- They complained of injustice in the way they had been treated.他们抱怨受到不公平的对待。
- All his life he has been struggling against injustice.他一生都在与不公正现象作斗争。
n.同情,怜悯
- He could not help having compassion for the poor creature.他情不自禁地怜悯起那个可怜的人来。
- Her heart was filled with compassion for the motherless children.她对于没有母亲的孩子们充满了怜悯心。
n.常青藤,常春藤
- Her wedding bouquet consisted of roses and ivy.她的婚礼花篮包括玫瑰和长春藤。
- The wall is covered all over with ivy.墙上爬满了常春藤。
adj.失业的,没有工作的;未动用的,闲置的
- There are now over four million unemployed workers in this country.这个国家现有四百万失业人员。
- The unemployed hunger for jobs.失业者渴望得到工作。